News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Would you be a good monarch?

Started by Martinus, October 02, 2009, 03:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I guess Korea would be like Catherine II Velikiye of Russia.

I'll have to photoshop here image into a love scene with a horse to be sure, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

saskganesh

since the modern Crown is merely symbolic of the people's collective sovereignty,  ... sure. I would be Leviathan meets Walt Whitman as I contain multitudes.

In practical terms, I would allow the elected PM and his cabinet run everything, as I'm really just there to eat raw seal, sign a few bills, make appearances and prop up the constitution
humans were created in their own image

Razgovory

Quote from: Alatriste on October 03, 2009, 04:43:33 AM

In the worst scenario, things could get quite nasty if I had power to have people killed instantly with one word... Nero supposedly tried hard to be a good emperor, but absolute power corrupts absolutely, the man that possess it must rule himself with an iron hand.

I'm not entirely certain that Nero was that bad of an emperor.  He was mostly despised by the aristocracy who wrote the unflattering works we know him by today.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Korea

Quote from: Syt on October 03, 2009, 04:52:30 AM
I guess Korea would be like Catherine II Velikiye of Russia.

I'll have to photoshop here image into a love scene with a horse to be sure, though.

I do love horses. :) I really want a pony. :)
I want my mother fucking points!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DontSayBanana

I'd probably be a good monarch for administration, but a horrible one for the people, because I'd be smacking down idiotic policies left and right, whether the people like it or not.
Experience bij!