News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Roman Polanski arrested in Zürich

Started by Syt, September 27, 2009, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Jesus Christ, I pop in hoping to see an update on the Polanski case and I get this clusterfuck. BB, arrest Grallon or give it a rest, reading 9 pages of that was painful.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 19, 2009, 06:44:55 PM
Jesus Christ, I pop in hoping to see an update on the Polanski case and I get this clusterfuck. BB, arrest Grallon or give it a rest, reading 9 pages of that was painful.

Hello stranger.  I guess you must have stolen Jimmy's identity, or else you would have realized that lengthy thread hijacks are just a part of how we roll here on Languish.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Agelastus

Is there anything new on the Polanski case, by the way?

Anyone?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

garbon

Fuck off then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

He only wish he could.  Unfortunately for him none of those teenage trysts turned out emotional wrecks due to their encounter with me.  I was merely a formative experience in their respective lives.

In fact there's an entire literary genre (homoerotic poetry) that expound on older men being made fools of by youths - which would indicate, despite puritan America's beliefs, that in most cases it is said men who suffer from such relationships.

As for Marty's idiosyncrasies well..  he's the product of his environment!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Barrister

Quote from: Grallon on October 19, 2009, 07:29:31 PM
He only wish he could.  Unfortunately for him none of those teenage trysts turned out emotional wrecks due to their encounter with me.  I was merely a formative experience in their respective lives.

:huh:

I don't wish to have anyone arrested.  I have plenty enough work without wishing for more.  I wish to see the law followed.  You haven't described breaking any laws.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

In fact there's an entire literary genre (homoerotic poetry) that expound on older men being made fools of by youths - which would indicate, despite puritan America's beliefs, that in most cases it is said men who suffer from such relationships.
there's a literary genre about people in a galaxy far, far away using some mystic power they call "The Force" to defeat their opponents.  Does that make it true?

A long time ago, there was a bunch of stoners, whom we called "Les poètes maudits" who wrote all kind of weird poetry.  Should we take that as fact for how people of the time lived?  How we should live our lives?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on October 19, 2009, 07:33:40 PM

A long time ago, there was a bunch of stoners, whom we called "Les poètes maudits" who wrote all kind of weird poetry.  Should we take that as fact for how people of the time lived?  How we should live our lives?

'tis all a matter of context.  In the one I've described above there was no obvious scarring - it doesn't mean there can't be.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

I was merely a formative experience in their respective lives.

G.

I think you give yourself too much credit, sir.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2009, 07:25:31 PM

Fuck off then.

So harsh.  :cry:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2009, 07:50:16 PM

I think you give yourself too much credit, sir.

You haven't tried me yet ;) 

Seriously you're probably right.  So much for damaging poor lost teenagers heh?

G.

~Jean-François Revel

garbon

Quote from: Grallon on October 19, 2009, 07:55:28 PM
You haven't tried me yet ;) 

Seriously you're probably right.  So much for damaging poor lost teenagers heh?

G.

Sorry, but I don't see a handful of anecdotal cases, where potentially no harm was done, justifying a change in current laws.

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2009, 07:57:30 PM

Sorry, but I don't see a handful of anecdotal cases, where potentially no harm was done, justifying a change in current laws.

The law is outdated.  Provide coherent sex-ed, work at alleviating anachronistic pejudices about sex, and you might eliminate hang-ups that create the trauma we spoke before.  All a matte of context I say.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

merithyn

Quote from: Grallon on October 19, 2009, 08:01:48 PM
The law is outdated. Provide coherent sex-ed, work at alleviating anachronistic pejudices about sex, and you might eliminate hang-ups that create the trauma we spoke before.  All a matte of context I say.

G.

Given that the United States has tied a whole lot of education money into teaching abstinence in Health class instead of condom use (which isn't allowed until 10th grade), I don't see that part happening any time soon.  <_<
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...