Russian-Belarussian Wargames - "West 2009"

Started by Martinus, September 24, 2009, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on September 24, 2009, 12:04:32 PM
Nah, the Russian army is BIG. They've thousands of tanks- not all in great condition but a few thousand of them are. Their air force is similiarly huge. Navies wouldn't really come into play in a theoretical only Poland defence.
IIRC the Russians have bought six fighter aircraft since the fall of the USSR.  Not six models.  Six airframes.  Survey says Russian Air Force is absolute third-world shit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on September 24, 2009, 06:36:20 PM
I believe the 19th motor Rifle division advanced about 100 KM last year through South Ossetia and into Georgia.
100 km in a year?  Color me unimpressed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

QuoteIIRC the Russians have bought six fighter aircraft since the fall of the USSR.  Not six models.  Six airframes.  Survey says Russian Air Force is absolute third-world shit.
Where'd you hear this? I've never read ought that bad.
But anyway.
Third world= 30 shitty old soviet aircraft.
Russia=3000 shitty old soviet aircraft (probally OTT, can't be arsed to check the real number but it is crazy,1000+)
Modern western fighters can only carry so many missiles. They probally will win out but it will not be easy going.

Quote from: Agelastus on September 26, 2009, 04:51:55 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 26, 2009, 07:32:43 AM
QuoteMakes the "peace dividend" look even more like nonsense than it did then, doesn't it...
In internet national-penis comparison scenarios; yeah, its silly and shameful.
In the real world though; the Irish military FTW.

I must confess that I have read this five times, rechecked the thread for where I made the original post twice, and I still haven't really got a clue what you are saying here. :huh:
Peace dividend= nonsense in these internet 'my country is better than yours' pissing contests.
In real world terms though- if you can get away with a military like that of Ireland (i.e. pretty much nought) then all the better for you.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Fuck the Russians, all I care about is the asshole who kept me from achieving threesome fun tonight.  Feeling a pseduo-Jessica Alba's vagina for half an hour, while enjoyable in itself, still isn't half as nice as actually having sex with her.  Fuck that guy with his Goddamn sob stories and lack of cooperation.

Also, I presume the new RKKA will destroy you Euros, because you're a conglomerate of pusses.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on September 27, 2009, 06:17:44 AM
Fuck the Russians, all I care about is the asshole who kept me from achieving threesome fun tonight.  Feeling a pseduo-Jessica Alba's vagina for half an hour, while enjoyable in itself, still isn't half as nice as actually having sex with her.  Fuck that guy with his Goddamn sob stories and lack of cooperation.

Also, I presume the new RKKA will destroy you Euros, because you're a conglomerate of pusses.

Hello, more interesting subject.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Don't know, Korea was really drunk last night.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Sorry, didn't want a start a whole new thread complaining about it, but needed to vent and was too distracted to look for the OTT. : /  The promised land remains elusive, although we've got the chick's number. :shifty:  She's actually pretty cool (for reasons beyond the obvious), and I think Korea, she, and I would hang out regardless.  Plus, she called me handsome, which is always nice. :wub:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on September 26, 2009, 09:36:09 PM
Peace dividend= nonsense in these internet 'my country is better than yours' pissing contests.

I think you are agreeing with me that the increase in security that was used to justify the "peace dividend" at the end of the Cold War was purely an illusion born out of an overly simplistic world view, and that we are paying now for the misplaced ideals of the politicians of 20 years ago.

Quote from: Tyr on September 26, 2009, 09:36:09 PM
In real world terms though- if you can get away with a military like that of Ireland (i.e. pretty much nought) then all the better for you.

Unfortunately, most countries aren't as secure as Ireland is due to accidents of history and geography.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on September 27, 2009, 04:46:12 PM
Sorry, didn't want a start a whole new thread complaining about it, but needed to vent and was too distracted to look for the OTT. : /  The promised land remains elusive, although we've got the chick's number. :shifty:  She's actually pretty cool (for reasons beyond the obvious), and I think Korea, she, and I would hang out regardless.  Plus, she called me handsome, which is always nice. :wub:

So, was this going to be a MFF one (cool) or an MMF one (EWW!)?

Korea

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 27, 2009, 07:14:50 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 27, 2009, 06:17:44 AM

Hello, more interesting subject.

:perv:
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 27, 2009, 04:55:16 PM

MMMMFF
I want my mother fucking points!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Korea on September 27, 2009, 05:00:18 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 27, 2009, 04:55:16 PM

MMMMFF
WTF? I hope there is at least one extra M in there.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger