News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL 2009-2010 Season

Started by Zoupa, September 19, 2009, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Hurricanes are no longer the worst in the NHL!

Thank you Oilers!  :showoff:

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

C.C.R.

Hawks just beat the Sharks 4-3 in OT in a fucking barn-burner of a game.  Sweet.

^_^

Delirium

But for the underachieving tradition of San Jose I'd say that is the Conference Final.

You think Blackhawks can go all the way this year?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

C.C.R.

Quote from: Delirium on January 29, 2010, 05:18:44 AM
But for the underachieving tradition of San Jose I'd say that is the Conference Final.

You think Blackhawks can go all the way this year?

I think that they have the guns, but it obviously remains to be seen if they get the bounces...

;)

PRC

Saturday night will host a tard fight between the Oilers (11 game losing streak) and the Flames (9 game losing streak).  I hope the Oilers win because listening to the Apoctalyptic talk in Calgary is just to much fun. 

PRC

Apparently the Flames have made a big trade with the Leafs: http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308469

The Calgary Flames have traded defenceman Dion Phaneuf, forward Fredrik Sjostrom, and prospect defenceman Keith Aulie to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forwards Matt Stajan, Niklas Hagman, Jamal Mayers and defenceman Ian White.

HVC

Gonna miss Ian White, you can have the rest
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Wow.  Usually the team getting the best player wins, so you have to think the Leafs won the trade.

I wonder if this is salary-cap driven.  Flames lose a 6.5 mil salary in exchange for 2 players that are UFAs at the end of the year?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Delirium

Jesus, just last season I could have sworn I heard people say the Flames were building their future around Phaneuf. What happened?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Grey Fox

Quote from: Delirium on January 31, 2010, 03:20:10 PM
Jesus, just last season I could have sworn I heard people say the Flames were building their future around Phaneuf. What happened?

The cap.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

They picked up Bouwmeester and Mark Giordano has been having an excellent season, that coupled with Phaneuf not playing up to expectations and his salary made him expendable.  He also has a bad reputation for being a cocky prick.

Delirium

Interesting. I just watched the Canucks - Leafs game and apart from Kessel it looked like Hagman was Toronto's best player. In past Leaf games I remember I liked Stajan as well. I don't know, I think Calgary got the better total deal here although I suspect Toronto was after a big name more than anything else.

BuddhaRhubarb

Phaneuf is an over-rated idiot. TO is a perfect fit. He's just the kind of player the owners want, because they are also idiots bent on keeping Toronto as far away from Lord Stanley's cup as possible, for as long as possible.
:p

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on February 01, 2010, 01:37:42 PM
Phaneuf is an over-rated idiot.
I don't know if he's an idiot or not, but he has been somewhat overrated.  He's a serviceable defenceman, but the real idiot is the one who paid him $6.5 million.  He wasn't even the best defenceman on the Flames.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.