Main Menu

NHL 2009-2010 Season

Started by Zoupa, September 19, 2009, 10:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 13, 2009, 02:30:17 PM
Quote from: HVC on October 13, 2009, 02:25:18 PM
Damn Leafs.

No goalies, no attack makes it hard to win.
Even the best goalie would be hard pressed to make up for the dumb mistakes. I didn't expect a stellar season, but so far they've been pathetic. It's still early, and they'll get better, but it's annoying to watch.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Quote from: saskganesh on October 13, 2009, 02:54:22 PM
... the hoi polloi are panicking in Toronto. it's a bad team, but not this bad.

anyhow, I am enjoying the freak show.
They knew what they were getting into when they decided to cheer for the Leafs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Well the leafs win in october? :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

I am extremely pleased with the Bluejackets start of 5-1.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

BuddhaRhubarb

Battle of Neil's two fave teams. (Trawna v. Vancouver) won barely by the Canucks. Bad penalties and undisciplined play is the Leafs big downfall. They've played much better with crappier teams in the past. They'll win eventually. The young goalie was solid. none of the Canuck goals were soft. Luongo was un-Octoberish.
:p

saskganesh

Canucks shot ... what 5 times? and hit three posts on the empty net?

now that's quality goaltending. at the other end, Lou did stop 30 something shots. not great but no gaffes. we'll take the two points.

in Montreal, Cammaleri's GW goal was a beaut. People got pretty excited.
humans were created in their own image

Strix

Hurricanes still suck!

Paul Maurice, greatest coach ever!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Josephus

It would be really cool if Toronto don't win a game all season :D

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: Josephus on October 25, 2009, 10:16:47 AM
That would be incredibly cool.  The Leafs would be the worst team in the history of professional sports.  I like the sound of that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on October 25, 2009, 10:48:01 AM
Quote from: Josephus on October 25, 2009, 10:16:47 AM
That would be incredibly cool.  The Leafs would be the worst team in the history of professional sports.  I like the sound of that.

I don't want that, I don't want the Bruins to have First choice in the next 2 entry drafts.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

The 80-81 Jets went winless in 30 games. They wound up the season with 9 wins and 14 ties.

the 74-75 Capitals won 8, and tied 5.

the crap bar is already pretty low and it would take special skill and effort to "better" that kind of fate.

HVC

Quote from: saskganesh on October 26, 2009, 11:19:12 AM
The 80-81 Jets went winless in 30 games. They wound up the season with 9 wins and 14 ties.

the 74-75 Capitals won 8, and tied 5.

the crap bar is already pretty low and it would take special skill and effort to "better" that kind of fate.
if you can't be the best, or even mediocre, then you might as well aim for worst of the worst. go down in history :p

saskganesh

no. it's very painful and is considered a human rights violation in civilised society.

HVC

1 down. Lets see what happens tomorrow in the news. My bet is that all of the sudden the leafs are back into the playoff race with 1 win :lol: