News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 2 Thread

Started by Neil, September 18, 2009, 09:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Damn, the Chargers are the walking dead.

QuoteNose tackle Jamal Williams was placed on injured reserve Saturday, which means the San Diego Chargers will be without two starting defensive linemen against the Ravens.

Williams suffered an elbow injury during Monday night's victory over the Oakland Raiders and had been listed as questionable on the team's injury report.

The move ends Williams' season.

He will join defensive end Travis Johnson (groin) on the sideline, leaving San Diego with only one defensive tackle (Ogemdi Nwagbuo).

Neil

Oh shit.  The Chargers are in a bad way now.  Williams was a destroying machine.  He could beat double blocks in pass rush, and he could devour space in the running game.

Unless Rivers pulls a Manning, this is going to be a long afternoon for the Chargers, and Rivers' punchable face is going to be very sad at the end of the day.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Well, don't get too upset if they start targeting the DBs, because I don't think the Bolts are going to be able to run successfully.
Expect a shitload of screens and flats to Sproles, with the occasional trap and draw, and Rivers to have more than 40 attempts passing.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 20, 2009, 06:23:29 AM
Quote from: sbr on September 19, 2009, 11:12:04 PM
I just found out I can get the NFL RedZone channel on my verizon Fios TV package for $50.

Yeah, I was considering getting it last weekend, but it's not that big of a deal for me.  Just remember, it's only touchdowns and scores.

Yeah, I know but thanks.  I had the Sunday Ticket the last few years and watched the RedZone channel a bit there too.

I ordered it this morning, anything is better than being force fed the Seahawks and the crappy CBS game of the week every Sunday.

Neil

Nobody else wants to make any picks?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

I turn 30 today and all I want is a Jets victory over the Pats.   :goodboy:

Neil

Drew Brees remains ridiculous.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on September 20, 2009, 12:09:55 PM
Drew Brees remains ridiculous.
Who has him for LFFL?

I have Colston and Shockey so I benefit indirectly.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Kolb threw a 71 yard TC pass on his second pass.  :lol:

I benched DeSean Jackson in one the league I had him because of McNabb's injury. :(

Neil

Quote from: sbr on September 20, 2009, 12:28:20 PM
Kolb threw a 71 yard TC pass on his second pass.  :lol:
Of course he did.  He's playing the Saints D.  But can he keep it up over the whole game?  I doubt him.

MadBurgerMaker

Uh...defense is somewhat optional in Nashville today. 

Also I love all the flak those refs took for that call in the Raiders game, because Jacoby Jones just blatantly dropped the ball in the endzone and they gave him the TD anyway.    :D

Edit:  And just as Schaub goes over 220 yards (3tds), with the protection looking good, etc, an OL goes down and isn't getting up.  Super.

Edit2:  Oh it's Chester Pitts.  Fuck.

Liep

What the hell is Matt Ryan doing to my fantasy team. :angry:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Chad Johnson just did the Lambeau Leap :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 20, 2009, 02:20:40 PM
Chad Johnson just did the Lambeau Leap :lol:

See the guy flipping off the camera?  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Also, Rich Gannon needs to be raped by Mischa Barton drunk on a fifth of jager and with a strap-on.

Fucker won't shut up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive