News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most likable recent U.S. President?

Started by Syt, September 18, 2009, 01:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Politics aside, who do you think would have been most fun to have a drink with?

Barack Obama
George W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George H.W. Bush
Ronald Reagan
Jimmy Carter
Gerald Ford
Richard Nixon
Lyndon B. Johnson
John F. Kennedy
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2009, 02:50:00 PM
The problem with Clinton is that, while I'm sure he's interesting and has a good sense of humor, he'd spend the whole meetup blabbing about himself and how amazing he is.

Yeah the major strike against slick Willie is his tiresome narcissism.  I was so tired of his crap by the time he left office. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

The problem with Clinton is that, while I'm sure he's interesting and has a good sense of humor, he'd spend the whole meetup blabbing about himself and how amazing he is.

Makes you wonder why he isn't on Languish yet.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

For all his faults, W. had a really charming personality.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Queequeg

IDK about that.  Some of the more personal stories I've read about him talk about him getting to know/connect pretty profoundly with random, mediocre people.  He strikes me as a pretty empathetic guy. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Malthus

Clinton had ... questionable taste in women.

He's supposed to be charismatic and charming, and he was goddam President. Presumably, he could have chosen the pick of bevies of willing women. So how does it happen that he chose such a sad collection of women to screw?  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Queequeg on September 18, 2009, 03:01:04 PM
IDK about that.  Some of the more personal stories I've read about him talk about him getting to know/connect pretty profoundly with random, mediocre people.  He strikes me as a pretty empathetic guy.

He'd brain you as soon as you started babbling about the Byzantine Theme system.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: Malthus on September 18, 2009, 03:01:25 PM
Clinton had ... questionable taste in women.

He's supposed to be charismatic and charming, and he was goddam President. Presumably, he could have chosen the pick of bevies of willing women. So how does it happen that he chose such a sad collection of women to screw?  :(

I don't expect it is really that easy to find hot women to bang when you aren't allowed to be seen to be looking.

Monica was a target of opportunity, I am sure. And really, her unattractiveness is over-rated anyway. She isn't that bad.

I voted for Bill, btw - I don't even think it is close.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

Yeah purely on looks she's pretty OK.
I dunno about her fatness but if she is...some people like that. Not me but some.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 18, 2009, 03:02:06 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on September 18, 2009, 03:01:04 PM

He'd brain you as soon as you started babbling about the Byzantine Theme system.

But then anyone would. Though Nixon would ask Hunt to rough you up.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Clinton might be smarter than me and that would be irritating. Voted Dubya.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I'd like to vote Hillary Clinton but she didn't get to be President. <_<

I opted for Reagan.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.