News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

True blood

Started by Ape, September 18, 2009, 03:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Ape on September 18, 2009, 03:37:47 PM
It'feels as if there is a sexscene every damned epsiode.
that's probably because there is a sex scene in every episode :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 18, 2009, 03:34:38 PM
Yes, Cal.

We see her boobs all the freaking time.
That does strike me as odd.
At the beginning I got this impression she was a really conservative, never puts out, never going to see anything type. This even extended to the actress.
But then when she finally got with Bill...was that a hint of booby?...rewind...why yes it was.....
By series 2 (or was it the end of 1? I can't remember) though it was just 'damn it all and lets show them all the time, she signed the contract to say it was fine!'

One thing I find cool about the series is it somehow feels real unlike other American TV.
They don't flood it with uber hot people. Many of them look pretty normal.
Take the black girl for instance, it'd be so easy to find a hot actress but instead they have this funny looking one.

And I somewhat feel an affinity for Bill because he has a similar hair style to the one I've always tended towards. Yes. :gay:.
:blush:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

It's because Vampire blood makes everyone hott.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Viking

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 18, 2009, 03:35:53 PM
Hell, the black chick, Sookie's best friend in the series that hangs out with Mary Ann, barely even exists in the books.  She's a saleswoman at a clothing store owned by Bill that gets a sentence or two.  The maenad storyline was created from a minor event into something larger and actually far more interesting.

Tara is white, a fang banger and runs the clothes store in Bills stripmall. She isn't Sookie's best friend, Sookie doesn't have friends because of her "disability".

The producers have pretty much admitted that they abandoned the book. But the characters and universe are still close enough.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

My wife likes this.  I hate it, and all you Twilight-loving fucks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on September 18, 2009, 04:33:13 PM
My wife likes this.  I hate it, and all you Twilight-loving fucks.

I liked this, and hated Twilight.  These vampires are more "canon" when it comes to Vampire myths.  Most importantly they don't sparkle in the sun. :bleeding:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Queequeg on September 18, 2009, 03:10:57 PM
I like it when it gets further away from the Camp.  I fucking hate Camp.

Uhm it's a fucking vampire story. With a homo writing the screenplay.

The Brain

So Mart, what do you think of SkarsgÄrd's feet?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.