News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Most likable recent U.S. President?

Started by Syt, September 18, 2009, 01:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Politics aside, who do you think would have been most fun to have a drink with?

Barack Obama
George W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George H.W. Bush
Ronald Reagan
Jimmy Carter
Gerald Ford
Richard Nixon
Lyndon B. Johnson
John F. Kennedy
Dwight D. Eisenhower

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Malthus on September 18, 2009, 03:01:25 PM
Clinton had ... questionable taste in women.

He's supposed to be charismatic and charming, and he was goddam President. Presumably, he could have chosen the pick of bevies of willing women. So how does it happen that he chose such a sad collection of women to screw?  :(

He's the perfect wingman.  He's funny, good looking, and charismatic, and he prefers the ugly ones?     :lol:

Syt

Interestingly, no one would like to have a drink with Obama, Carter, GHW Bush, LBJ or Kennedy so far.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Queequeg on September 18, 2009, 03:01:04 PM
IDK about that.  Some of the more personal stories I've read about him talk about him getting to know/connect pretty profoundly with random, mediocre people.  He strikes me as a pretty empathetic guy.
Yeah, I know there are anecdotes like that out there about him, but I'm not sure if he was just "on" for said encounters or what.  It's impossible to know what any POTUS is like unless you meet them yourself, I think, due to the cult of personality that gets built around 'em.... and even then maybe not possible since you're not a member of their family or intimate circle where they're more likely to drop the act.  So my choice of Ford is based on a mix of anecdotes I've heard and just a general feeling I get about him.

I have never met any Presidents myself but I have friends who've met Bush Jr. and said he was "super nice".
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on September 18, 2009, 03:07:39 PM
Interestingly, no one would like to have a drink with Obama, Carter, GHW Bush, LBJ or Kennedy so far.
Kennedy and Obama are too smarmy.
We've seen their ilk revealed for what they are in Tony Blair.
Sickingly likable and so not actually likable.

Oh.
And..
err...
Languish is teh right wing they dont like teh left coz they are nazissssss
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on September 18, 2009, 03:03:08 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 18, 2009, 03:01:25 PM
Clinton had ... questionable taste in women.

He's supposed to be charismatic and charming, and he was goddam President. Presumably, he could have chosen the pick of bevies of willing women. So how does it happen that he chose such a sad collection of women to screw?  :(

I don't expect it is really that easy to find hot women to bang when you aren't allowed to be seen to be looking.

Monica was a target of opportunity, I am sure. And really, her unattractiveness is over-rated anyway. She isn't that bad.

I voted for Bill, btw - I don't even think it is close.

Yeah, but that didn't stop JFK. He had scads of ultra-hott women.  ;)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on September 18, 2009, 03:04:44 PM
Yeah purely on looks she's pretty OK.
I dunno about her fatness but if she is...some people like that. Not me but some.
She's not fat... she has huge boobs, or at least she did at the time (not sure what her figure is like now).  At the time of the Lewinsky scandal I was dating a girl who strongly resembled her, especially in figure, and she looked 'fat' while dressed because of the size of her boobs--but the rest of her body was not 'fat' at all.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2009, 03:13:38 PM
I dunno about her fatness but if she is...some people like that. Not me but some.
She's not fat... she has huge boobs, or at least she did at the time (not sure what her figure is like now).  At the time of the Lewinsky scandal I was dating a girl who strongly resembled her, especially in figure, and she looked 'fat' while dressed because of the size of her boobs--but the rest of her body was not 'fat' at all.
*shrug*
I haven't a clue.
I've never really studied that period of American history and I was too young to care at the time.
I can't help but think though that for her detractors this is internet standards at work. We're used to hot women in the media- so when a regular one pops up.....
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 18, 2009, 03:11:41 PM
Oh.
And..
err...
Languish is teh right wing they dont like teh left coz they are nazissssss

:blink:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on September 18, 2009, 03:16:48 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 18, 2009, 03:13:38 PM
*shrug*
I haven't a clue.
I've never really studied that period of American history and I was too young to care at the time.
I can't help but think though that for her detractors this is internet standards at work. We're used to hot women in the media- so when a regular one pops up.....

It's the JFK factor. He apparently had it off with scads of ultra-hott women, hott by any standards - allegedly including Marilyn Monroe.

Clinton had the likes of Paula Jones, Jennifer Flowers and Monica Lewinsky.   
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Agelastus

I have to admit I have just voted for Clinton.

Of all the recent American presidents, he strikes me as the one most likely to be good company in the pub, his politics aside.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Fireblade

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on September 18, 2009, 03:12:32 PM
Yeah, but that didn't stop JFK. He had scads of ultra-hott women.  ;)
That was back in the days when the media would ignore that sort of thing, up to a point.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Nixon, while he is a true dick, he is still the most interesting character.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.