Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

Started by garbon, September 16, 2009, 01:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 16, 2009, 08:58:58 AM
I'm in the "probably true that race is factoring into politicians not respecting the President as much," but how anybody can make that kind of blanket comment without any supporting details... when did Carter Jump the Shark(TM) again?
Malaise Speech.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2009, 09:02:38 AM
I'm in the "probably true that race is factoring into politicians not respecting the President as much," but how anybody can make that kind of blanket comment without any supporting details... when did Carter Jump the Shark(TM) again?
Malaise Speech.
Was that before or after the killer rabbit attack?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

ulmont

So you're saying you think Carter is right, but that he shouldn't have said anything?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Kleves

I guess Carter feels that he needs to periodically remind the world he's still alive.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Caliga

Quote from: Kleves on September 16, 2009, 01:33:02 PM
I guess Carter feels that he needs to periodically remind the world he's still alive.
Well yeah, I think anyone who gets to the level of POTUS is going to be a giant attention whore.

KRonn

It's getting quite offensive that so often racism is used to define anyone who disagrees with or questions the President. Really, it's setting back race relations a lot, I would think. To have this kind of label tossed out so often, so easily, just demeans all of us.

And you are all a bunch of racists just for creating this thread!   ;)

Oh, and once again Pres Carter just shows foolishness, and dumb assed ideas.

Kleves

I wonder if Obama is half a racist for calling Kanye West a jackass.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Sheilbh

Quote from: KRonn on September 16, 2009, 01:39:02 PM
It's getting quite offensive that so often racism is used to define anyone who disagrees with or questions the President. Really, it's setting back race relations a lot, I would think.
Have you any other examples?
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 16, 2009, 01:45:05 PM
Quote from: KRonn on September 16, 2009, 01:39:02 PM
It's getting quite offensive that so often racism is used to define anyone who disagrees with or questions the President. Really, it's setting back race relations a lot, I would think.
Have you any other examples?
Every day, too often...really.

KRonn

Quote from: Kleves on September 16, 2009, 01:41:41 PM
I wonder if Obama is half a racist for calling Kanye West a jackass.
That was great. I give Pres Obama a big thumbs up for that!!   :D

Sheilbh

Quote from: KRonn on September 16, 2009, 02:16:24 PM
Yeah but do you have any specific examples.  Because I can't think of any apart from the Dowd article (which is careful), another article I read, but I've forgot where (similarly careful) and this Carter comment (not careful).

To be honest I can think of as many suggestions that Obama's racist as that disagreeing or questioning him is racist.
Let's bomb Russia!

Scipio

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2009, 06:45:27 AM
Obama should give a speech healing the wounds caused by Wilson's racism.
I agree.  We have suffered from Woodrow Wilson's racism for too long in this country.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 16, 2009, 02:21:35 PM
Quote from: KRonn on September 16, 2009, 02:16:24 PM
Yeah but do you have any specific examples.  Because I can't think of any apart from the Dowd article (which is careful), another article I read, but I've forgot where (similarly careful) and this Carter comment (not careful).

To be honest I can think of as many suggestions that Obama's racist as that disagreeing or questioning him is racist.
Van Jones coming under fire, some labeled racism, to name one. Other disagreements with Obama policies, some will label racisism. I've seen cries of racisim because some disagreed with Obama's health care bill ideas. We've poked fun at some of the calls of racisim over issues and such.