News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Raz goes on a date Pre-AAR

Started by Razgovory, September 15, 2009, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

One thought I just had about the "tests".  If they are supposed to test for certain kinds of guys wouldn't it actually be more worth my time to be rejected by these tests so as to more quickly find a woman who is actually interested in a guy like me?  I mean getting through the defense system everytime might mean the relationship would be doomed from the start as she would think I am a different sort of guy than I actually am.  I might be counterproductive.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2009, 01:55:18 PM
One thought I just had about the "tests".  If they are supposed to test for certain kinds of guys wouldn't it actually be more worth my time to be rejected by these tests so as to more quickly find a woman who is actually interested in a guy like me?  I mean getting through the defense system everytime might mean the relationship would be doomed from the start as she would think I am a different sort of guy than I actually am.  I might be counterproductive.

Why would you attempt to be deliberately weeded out? If you approach a girl it is because you are attracted to her in the first place. Don't you want to succeed and score? :huh:

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on September 22, 2009, 01:58:33 PM
Why would you attempt to be deliberately weeded out? If you approach a girl it is because you are attracted to her in the first place. Don't you want to succeed and score? :huh:

True true this more has to do with what my own set of priorities were when I was dating. :blush:

I was always after a serious relationship, I knew that was always what I really wanted and I never had any doubts about that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on September 22, 2009, 01:43:29 PM
I look at the seduction community crap as nothing more than advanced game playing strategies, and the realization that you are in fact playing a game, therefore you should go about it in as straighforward manner as possible - within the bounds of the game.

BB, call me crazy, but I am guessing you didn't spend a lot of time trying to pick up women in bars anyway, right?

Not that I did either - but I think the seduction community stuff is pretty fascinating anyway. I've never tried it, and am old enough that I don't think I would want to pick up the kind of women it would work on anyway, but it is still pretty interesting from a strictly competitive standpoint,.

err... I was a horny university student at one point.  I spent some time at least trying to pick up women in bars.  I was almost wholely unsuccessful at it though.   :Embarrass:  And where I did have any success it was in getting to know a friend of a friend, and not picking up a total stranger.

But when I did discover more success in meeting women was when I used "strategies" both similar to, and the opposite of, the kind of crap Drakken is mentioning.   I found you did need to be much more direct (my failing were at trying to play it way, way too cool), and to be very honest and straight-forward.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

No question these seduction people are onto something.  They have figured out a way to make millions selling books and videos by packaging pop-psych cliches and old sales technique chestnuts to credulous perpetual adolescents.  Clever boys.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

ulmont

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 22, 2009, 02:35:31 PM
No question these seduction people are onto something.  They have figured out a way to make millions selling books and videos by packaging pop-psych cliches and old sales technique chestnuts to credulous perpetual adolescents.  Clever boys.

Reminds me of my unwritten book:  "Stockpicking the Texas-Hold'em Way:  Turn Your Poker Skills Into Stock Market Riches."

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 22, 2009, 02:35:31 PM

I'm just mad I didn't think of it first.

Sulla's secrets of wooing women.

a) kill their husbands
b) take their stuff
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

I have created my own seduction system based on a five step process: Junction, Attraction, Realization, Obtainment, Next challenge.  It is based on fundamental, carefully tested and honed principles of pyschology, behavioral dynamics, physico-emotional response, pheromonic biochemistry, hermeneutics, and toaster physics.  In order to take advantage of the J.A.R.O.N. system, the initiate will have to commit himself to practice by initiating multiple approaches in different locales for a period of months; however, even the beginner will be able to do so with the confidence that the precepts of the J.A.R.O.N. system are working in his favor.  Essential to the system is learning how to process and overcome negative responses and move on to the next approach.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Malthus

I think the Sulla and J.A.R.O.N. systems would both work very well.  ;)

My own favoured approach is the mathematical theory of dating. Simply approach random women and ask "would you like to have sex with me"? Statistically, it would probably get you laid before the night was out.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

swallow

My only seduction system was buying my future husband chocolate cake.  I think I was projecting  :blush:

Jacob

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 22, 2009, 03:14:30 PM
I have created my own seduction system based on a five step process: Junction, Attraction, Realization, Obtainment, Next challenge.  It is based on fundamental, carefully tested and honed principles of pyschology, behavioral dynamics, physico-emotional response, pheromonic biochemistry, hermeneutics, and toaster physics.  In order to take advantage of the J.A.R.O.N. system, the initiate will have to commit himself to practice by initiating multiple approaches in different locales for a period of months; however, even the beginner will be able to do so with the confidence that the precepts of the J.A.R.O.N. system are working in his favor.  Essential to the system is learning how to process and overcome negative responses and move on to the next approach.

:lol:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on September 22, 2009, 01:21:18 PM
He's a pretty nice guy, actually--funny, too.  Curiously, I think his techniques must actually work.  He has the worst geek-loser voice in the world.

Not to mention he looks butt ugly in his photos.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I'm pissed that this thread is not even about me anymore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017