Missing Yale student found dead behind wall on day of her planned wedding.

Started by Syt, September 14, 2009, 11:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: Brazen on September 16, 2009, 05:20:44 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2009, 05:19:01 AM
A 24 year old lab tech named Raymond Clark is in custody.  Apparently he himself is engaged to be married.  :huh:
Maybe there was a clash over a reception booking? These things can get nasty...

:lol:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Jaron on September 16, 2009, 05:22:56 AM
Quote from: Brazen on September 16, 2009, 05:20:44 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2009, 05:19:01 AM
A 24 year old lab tech named Raymond Clark is in custody.  Apparently he himself is engaged to be married.  :huh:
Maybe there was a clash over a reception booking? These things can get nasty...

:lol:
Oh no you di'nt!
PDH!

Caliga

The plot thickens.  This "not a suspect" suspect's fiance put up a blog post last year in which she vehemently denied her boyfriend was having a 'fling' with someone in his lab, without any details given.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

The case against him seems airtight to me.  It amuses me that he's not at all what alot of people seem to have been expecting... not some fat creepy wierdo shut-in, or a black guy, but a decent looking muscular white dude with a cute fiancee.  Ironic that a second wedding has now been derailed in this case.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 08:04:21 AM
The case against him seems airtight to me.  It amuses me that he's not at all what alot of people seem to have been expecting... not some fat creepy wierdo shut-in, or a black guy, but a decent looking muscular white dude with a cute fiancee.  Ironic that a second wedding has now been derailed in this case.

What case? They haven't released any details at all about his involvement yet.  :huh:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on September 17, 2009, 08:10:19 AM
So was she fucking this guy too?
I very much doubt it.

I think it's simpler than some people are speculating about.  The guy was a blowhard asshole, and was used to pushing the lab researchers around.  Apparently he had yelled at her about shit before and she was like "ok, sorry".  He probably decided to yell at her again that day for some minor infraction, but because she was under all the wedding stress she was like "fuck you" this time and maybe she even slapped him or something, which set him off.  He probably didn't intend to strangle her to death but maybe once he laid hands on her he couldn't control his rage and after he realized what he'd done he did his best to cover his tracks.

I can't believe this was premeditated unless the guy's IQ was like 70.  He made no effort to disguise his movements within the building prior to the killing and he had to have known that *eventually* her body would be located, especially once it started to decompose and stink.  I think he killed her in a fit of rage and probably didn't rape her or anything.

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on September 17, 2009, 08:16:22 AM
What case? They haven't released any details at all about his involvement yet.  :huh:
:huh: Define 'details'.  There's alot out there about how his movements were tracked via his ID card and he was the last person to be in a room with her, how he was covered in defensive wounds, failed a polygraph, was caught apparently trying to flee the area, and so forth.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 08:25:41 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 17, 2009, 08:16:22 AM
:huh: Define 'details'.  There's alot out there about how his movements were tracked via his ID card and he was the last person to be in a room with her, how he was covered in defensive wounds, failed a polygraph, was caught apparently trying to flee the area, and so forth.

Well, for one, some information as to motive and what the DNA evidence revealed would be good.

So far, the evidence released is all circumstantial - as far as I know they can monotor commings and goings from the building but not the room, his wounds could be caused by any number of things, polygraphs are not reliable tools. I hadn't heard he was trying to flee, but that could be explained through stupidity - a person knowing he's likely a suspect may well act guilty.

Not saying he's probably not guilty - he probably is - but the vital and conclusive evidence hasn't been released yet.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

No, actually they can monitor comings and goings to individual rooms, and the last time her swipe was ever used was like a minute or something before his was used, going into the same room.  After that his swiping pattern was irregular and he was accessing rooms he was not 'supposed' to be in.

I agree the case is not ironclad yet, but they arrested him this morning because there was a DNA match between him and her body.  I would guess they found his DNA under her fingernails.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 08:44:50 AM
No, actually they can monitor comings and goings to individual rooms, and the last time her swipe was ever used was like a minute or something before his was used, going into the same room.  After that his swiping pattern was irregular and he was accessing rooms he was not 'supposed' to be in.

I agree the case is not ironclad yet, but they arrested him this morning because there was a DNA match between him and her body.  I would guess they found his DNA under her fingernails.

Yeah, the circumstantial case against him looks good all right. DNA is going to be the clincher.

I do wonder about the reason though. I like your theory, but more evidence is needed.

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on September 17, 2009, 08:51:37 AM
I do wonder about the reason though. I like your theory, but more evidence is needed.
Yeah, people are going to speculate on whether they were having an affair, whether he raped her, etc.  But I just can't believe if he had a plan to rape and murder her, or murder her for some other reason, he would intend to carry it out at such a secure facility in the middle of a working day.

People think there's a hidden relationship because of some obscure blog post the guy's fiancee wrote last spring, but there's absolutely nothing about that post that would lead one to believe the girl was talking about Le.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2009, 08:56:10 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 17, 2009, 08:51:37 AM
Yeah, people are going to speculate on whether they were having an affair, whether he raped her, etc.  But I just can't believe if he had a plan to rape and murder her, or murder her for some other reason, he would intend to carry it out at such a secure facility in the middle of a working day.

People think there's a hidden relationship because of some obscure blog post the guy's fiancee wrote last spring, but there's absolutely nothing about that post that would lead one to believe the girl was talking about Le.

Well, some sort of affair or unrequited relationship could explain the murderous rage. It is otherwise pretty difficult to understand why a lab tech would strangle a graduate student to death.

Of course, some lab techs would probably beg to differ, particularly when students don't clean up their crap ...  :D

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on September 17, 2009, 09:08:08 AM
Of course, some lab techs would probably beg to differ, particularly when students don't clean up their crap ...  :D

I was about to say :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."