Missing Yale student found dead behind wall on day of her planned wedding.

Started by Syt, September 14, 2009, 11:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I love how, with all their usual bullshit about jurisdiction, Famous But Incompetent was in on the case less than 24 hours after she was reported missing.  Nothing like the Yale president calling his Yale buddies in DC to move things right along.  I bet if this happened at the University of Not Yale, they'd have been on the case ASAP.

Of course, Famous But Incompetent couldn't find a body in the fucking building for 5 days, waiting until the weekend to bring in dogs.  Way to go, dumbasses.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 14, 2009, 09:34:07 PM
I love how, with all their usual bullshit about jurisdiction, Famous But Incompetent was in on the case less than 24 hours after she was reported missing.  Nothing like the Yale president calling his Yale buddies in DC to move things right along.  I bet if this happened at the University of Not Yale, they'd have been on the case ASAP.

Of course, Famous But Incompetent couldn't find a body in the fucking building for 5 days, waiting until the weekend to bring in dogs.  Way to go, dumbasses.

I can't believe the FBI got involved in a missing person case that wasn't a cute white girl.

The Minsky Moment

Yale = CIA.  FBI is more like BYU.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: sbr on September 14, 2009, 10:28:54 PM
I can't believe the FBI got involved in a missing person case that wasn't a cute white girl.

Hope and change comes through!
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Caliga on September 14, 2009, 07:32:38 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 14, 2009, 07:18:37 PM
Caligula's guy is obviously a Cambodian trying to pass himself off.
His dad was a high ranking ARVN guy (either a colonel or a general, I forget)... maybe a class distinction?  I'm 100% sure this is how he pronounced his name--I mean it was definitely not monosyllabic like this "nwin" pronunciation seems to be.

Buddy was a Nguyen and a frat bro and roomate for 4 years.  Was pronounced gNew-win.  Soft g sound at the start and all one word/syllable.

Razgovory

So is that a picture of you?  No wonder you are in Thailand.  You got the yellow fever.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maximus

In Saskatoon we had a crapload of people named Ng. Never figured out how that was pronounced either.

Caliga

Quote from: Maximus on September 15, 2009, 07:54:53 AM
In Saskatoon we had a crapload of people named Ng. Never figured out how that was pronounced either.
"ing"?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Razgovory on September 15, 2009, 07:40:46 AM
So is that a picture of you?  No wonder you are in Thailand.  You got the yellow fever.

Yes.  I admit it, that is me.  I am the God of Vomit.

Neil

Quote from: sbr on September 14, 2009, 10:28:54 PM

Yellow fever is taking its toll on public policy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

A 24 year old lab tech named Raymond Clark is in custody.  Apparently he himself is engaged to be married.  :huh:

Brazen

Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2009, 05:19:01 AM
A 24 year old lab tech named Raymond Clark is in custody.  Apparently he himself is engaged to be married.  :huh:
Maybe there was a clash over a reception booking? These things can get nasty...

Caliga