News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Torontonians, to me!

Started by Sophie Scholl, September 10, 2009, 01:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

So... I'll be visiting your fair city a little late for the Official Languish Meet :blush:, but I will be there next week.  I'll be going to the U2 show on the night of the 17th with female accompaniment.  I'll probably be going out early in the day the 17th and then hotel-ing it up that night.  I have no plans really for the rest of the week, and will either remain in Toronto for a few days more or head back to Buffalo depending.  Are there any special events going on that week?  Any cool exhibits?  We're thinking of hitting up the Toronto Zoo probably the next day, as we both enjoy zoos, plus... they have hyenas!  Excitement.  Anyway, what did ya'll find was worth  while or not worthwhile to do during your meetup?  Any particular bars or restaurants to go to or to avoid?  Also, if anyone wants to meet up for a beer or food or something, feel free to let me know.  I'm sure I can talk her into meeting a random company of people I've never met in person before. :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

saskganesh

Friday (the Day after U2) should be doable for some drinks if you want to meet up in the central/downtown area. and it's still patio weather.

... there's lots to do in this town. :)

the Zoo is in deep scarberia, so I'll pass.
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

AGO was nice.

Everest's Free Tibet platter is worth having just for the name.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

saskganesh

Sophie Scholl

Sounds workable Sask.  I'm glad someone is brave enough to meet me! :lol:  You'd think I were Siege or something.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

I'd meet you but a French Canadian isn't allowed to visit Toronto twice in the same season.

saskganesh

I'm sure we can get HVC as well. he just needs to be prodded. :)

Joe commutes and Mal is family man, so their schedules are tighter.

anyhow, my budget is tight,  but there are some good cheap watering holes around. authenticity is free.

Josephus

I actually would come....I have no real friends.....except I'm attending some TIFF functions this weekend.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sophie Scholl

Cheap works for me Sask.  Maybe try that pizza place you were talking about for a bite?  Is there a "Toronto" food or something particularly Canadian to seek out that they do well?  GF, I understand, you're afraid of Toronto, it's ok. :lol:

Grey Fox

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

saskganesh

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 14, 2009, 04:13:43 PM
Cheap works for me Sask.  Maybe try that pizza place you were talking about for a bite?  Is there a "Toronto" food or something particularly Canadian to seek out that they do well?  GF, I understand, you're afraid of Toronto, it's ok. :lol:

there's lots of cheap good food around. there's some very good sicilian pizza near downtown (Dundas  pizza is in the west end), as well as lots of falafel joints, shwarma, kosher, sushi, really whatever you want.

do you know what hotel you'll be in? I'll see if I can come up with a rough proposal for stuff (food & beer) to do in your hood. :)

we can also do some deathmarching. of course. if we're downtown maybe we can coordinate with Joe around his TIFF schedule.

Sophie Scholl

Hilton Garden Inn.  92 Peter Street.
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=YYZDTGI

I'm definitely interested in trying Dunda's if it isn't too far.  Death marches should be ok.

HVC

Next week inventory starts at my work, so i'll probably be working till around 10 or so, which means i won't get home until 11 (including the weekends, yay <_< ) so unfortunatly i won't be able to make it :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.