Main Menu

Torontonians, to me!

Started by Sophie Scholl, September 10, 2009, 01:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on September 16, 2009, 02:54:24 PM
Hilton Garden Inn.  92 Peter Street.
http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=YYZDTGI

I'm definitely interested in trying Dunda's if it isn't too far.  Death marches should be ok.

Dundas is a long street and Dundas Pizza is west end. fear not, there are great slices on Spadina as well.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

meeting with BA this afternoon, after my meeting is over.

Sophie Scholl

Meeting has concluded.  I have escaped back to the States with smuggled goods in tow.  AAR to follow, with picture perhaps.  Sask or I will start it up. :shifty:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

saskganesh

and so...

Met up with  Judas and the Photographix Nurse at their hotel down at King and Spadina. Judas is BIG so easy to recognise. Early afternoon, it looked like a nice day. We didn't have a plan, and they had just eaten, so we started a death march.

We followed gravity's pull down to the waterfront, and worked our way across. We checked out an odd concrete golfball installation, and then saw the ferry. Good idea, we bought our rides and took it to the Island...which is a nice place.

We walked around, chatting about Toronto, Utica, Saskatchewan  and Everyone Who Was Worth Mentioning on Languish. We walked up to the north pier, were robbed by Pepsi-cola, then checked out the hobbit-like cottages on the island. Then we found a little nature walk, saw some monarch butterflies and some cool flowers. Judas remarked on the trees.  We then doubled back, checking out the boardwalk and safety gear. We saw another odd art  installation: it was a strip of faux boardwalk placed on the boardwalk... apparently it was supposed to be "sonic." Not Impressed.

Photographix Nurse took pictures of everything. There was some good afternoon light so some of them had promise. 

Waiting for the ferry, we forgot Oldman's name. I remembered it today, so he gets the call out. Photographix Nurse was amused by our conversations, as she had no real idea who or what the hell we were talking about... and she was Fine with that.

Good woman. ;)

We crossed back, in time for Toronto rush hour. Death march was about 4 hours (with some ferry-sitting-time). We retrieved their vehicle, then spent an half hour trying to drive 6 blocks. Once we got to the Lakeshore, we split from the commuter nonsense and drove open roads to the west end.

(laptop keyboard skips, must rewrite, Part II to come)

Sophie Scholl

So for now, I'll throw in the shot of Sask and I.  I leave it you to figure out which one of us is which.  I'll probably throw in a few more shots from the randomness we saw later.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Sask is the good looking one?!?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

Jebus Christ, I no longer have the biggest melon on Languish.  That's a prize winner there Judas.

Sophie Scholl

:lol:  Hooray!  I won at something!  Oh... wait... :Embarrass:

saskganesh

The man is big. It's a good thing he works in the service industry. I understand that field gets unruly when alcohol is involved.

Caliga

:lol: That reminds me of a recent pic I took standing next to my cousin.  He looks like a little kid compared to me. ^_^
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points