Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

sbr

Quote from: Barrister on September 10, 2009, 10:37:27 PM
OT in the first game of the season. :yeah:

Yay team that isn't the Steelers!
:lol:

You root  like I do.  I root against many more teams than I root for.

Syt

From SI:
QuoteThursday's victory might be costly, however - star safety Troy Polamalu , the best player on the field during the first half, sprained the medial collateral ligament in his left knee on a blocked field goal. Coach Mike Tomlin said the injury usually sidelines a player 3 to 6 weeks.

''It is speculation at this point (how long he will be out),'' Tomlin said.
:(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

From Deadspin:

QuoteHalfway through a wholly unexciting opening night, Troy Polamalu sprained his MCL and could miss 3-to-6 weeks. Steeler fans' humility, however, is listed as probable and is expected to report to your office this morning to brag about the game.

I can report the game was faithfully recounted to me several times this morning.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

So who will take over facemasking duties while poodle-hair is out :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PRC

Sudden-death overtime in football sucks.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on September 11, 2009, 10:05:23 AM
So who will take over facemasking duties while poodle-hair is out :(
Probably the same guy who will be handling late hits out of bounds.  Clark would be my guess.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Strix

So, what did people think of the new tandem in the booth? They had a slow start but I am believer now.

Especially after they told the story of how Hines Ward knocked Ed Reed out cold blocking off the line of scrimmage.  :lol:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

Quote from: Strix on September 11, 2009, 12:10:45 PM
So, what did people think of the new tandem in the booth? They had a slow start but I am believer now.
Collinsworth is pretty much the worst announcer this side of Bryant Gumbel.

My wife calls him Skeletor, and often shouts at him when he's talking.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

They talk too much about Brady.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 11, 2009, 01:15:36 PM
They talk too much about Brady.
Agreed - too much talk about Brady, even though I'm a Pats fan. The Brady and his super model wife gets too much attention, not really due to the two of them seeking it out.

Anyhow, teams will be blitzing, putting pressure on Brady. That was what teams found the best to do in the 2007 season, when Brady and that super receiving group put up huge numbers, culminating with the Giants Super Bowl win. For his part, Brady is hungry, fired up, for the season. I was wondering if he'd lost his desire but apparently he's more competitive than ever after his year off.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on September 11, 2009, 12:12:49 PM
Collinsworth is pretty much the worst announcer this side of Bryant Gumbel.

Yep.  On top of everything, he tries too hard, which makes it worse.  Madden was also famous for stating the obvious, but at least he did it in a humorous & less strained manner.

QuoteMy wife calls him Skeletor, and often shouts at him when he's talking.

Wow, a wife who not only tolerates but actively watches football.  Hang on to her.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Quote from: Strix on September 10, 2009, 03:09:53 PM
No update on the Merriman situation? I am shocked.

I was riding around doing home checks this morning and listening to a local talk show (non-sports). They stated that new information had come out concerning the Merriman/Tequila incident. Apparently, Merriman was having a threesome with two other girls when Tequila walked in on them. He invited her to join them but she got upset. She took her clothes off and left the room threatening to sleep with a member of his posse. Merriman supposedly attempted to stop her when she tried to go outside naked.

I was hoping for more details...

It seems the charges were dropped.

Also, a 6ft4 guy, weighing over 270 lbs, vs. a 4ft11 tiny Asian chick? I think I've seen movies of that.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

The tv schedule for the first week on my cable:

5pm     Live Sunday NFL Countdown
7pm     Live Minnesota at Cleveland - NFL
10pm    Live Washington at NY Giants - NFL
1:30am    NFL Yearbook - 2008 Green Bay Packers
2am     Live Chicago at Green Bay - NFL

Unfortunately Bears-Packers is too late for me, as we have a SOX audit starting with a kick off meeting at 9:30 am with out SOX guy from UK.

Monday (or rather Tuesday morning over here):
11pm     Live Monday Night Countdown
1am     Live Buffalo at New England - Monday Night Football - NFL
4:30am   Live San Diego at Oakland - Monday Night Football - NFL

I may catch Chargers-Raiders if I get up an hour earlier than usual and go to work at 8 am.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

We get Jaguars - Colts (7pm) and Cards - 49ers(10pm) on sunday
Bills - Pats(1am) and Chargers - Raiders(4.30am) on monday

All but the late sunday game are in HD, that fact coupled with the retarded commentators they have on that channel makes me want to skip seeing Fitzgerald suffer the Madden Curse.

Best NFL coverage ever. Fan-fucking-tastic.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk