News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 1 Thread

Started by Neil, September 09, 2009, 07:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

AIDS and steroids are a dangerous mix.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on September 10, 2009, 03:12:49 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 10, 2009, 02:43:27 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 10, 2009, 01:12:29 PM
And by quirk of fate, the Steelers' first-place schedule is actually easier than the Ravens' second place schedule.

That happens a lot in the NFL, actually.

Don't encourage them. They are looking for more affirmation that the league loves the Steelers more than the Ravens.  ;)

Hell, you don't need any more than watching all the reruns from the calls the refs invented for them last season.

Grey Fox

I'm no steelers fan but is Troy Polamalu human?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Was it wrong of me not to remind speiss he had two players on his active list that aren't playing this week?  :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 10, 2009, 08:12:41 PM
I'm no steelers fan but is Troy Polamalu human?

I want his manbabies. :wub:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alcibiades

You can have his 3 personal penalties this game.   :cool:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Syt

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 10, 2009, 08:42:49 PM
You can have his 3 personal penalties this game.   :cool:

The call on him bringing down Gage was questionable. Still, the Titans haven't scored yet ... which is also thanks to their failure at kicking.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Burger needs to remember that he's suppose to throw the damn ball.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

I have him in LFFL ffs.   :mad:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Will Polamalu be out for the season?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on September 10, 2009, 09:37:21 PM

He was walking back to the locker room by himself without much limping; next game is on the 20th, so here's hoping he'll recover by then.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Neil

Quote from: Syt on September 10, 2009, 09:39:49 PM

He was walking back to the locker room by himself without much limping; next game is on the 20th, so here's hoping he'll recover by then.
You can walk on a ripped up ligament.

Syt

Quote from: Neil on September 10, 2009, 09:42:52 PM
Quote from: Syt on September 10, 2009, 09:39:49 PM

You can walk on a ripped up ligament.

And a broken knee cap as I did. Still, I guess we'll know more tomorrow. It would be a hard blow to the Steelers, and I guess Spellus would also be sad as Polamalu is the closest to a Byzanteen you have in NFL.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

OT in the first game of the season. :yeah:

Yay team that isn't the Steelers!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.