Cop shoots fire chief in Ark. court over tickets

Started by jimmy olsen, September 03, 2009, 09:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Berkut on September 04, 2009, 08:20:25 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2009, 07:33:01 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:29:33 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2009, 07:28:02 AMAnd yet you want to be a redneck village sherriff. Make up your mind.
He wants to be like Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane.  :cool:

IIRC Rosco was pretty clean.

I'd be a corrupt cop near Berea-Richmond KY. Cute rural chicks seem to be produced there, so I'd take advantage of that.

You don't have the money for the ticket miss? Well there is a motel nearby where you can work the ticket off with me.

Yeah, that works out great every time. Do a goodle search on Gary Pignato.

Greece NY police officer coerces a stripper into sex.
Stripper files charges.
Turns out officer was fired from Rochester Police department, and lied on his application to Greece PD. Greece is a suburb of Rochester.
Pignato is now in jail.
Turns out that a police sergeant falsified the review of Pignatos application, in order to avoid the fact that he had been fired from the RPD, which would make him ineligible to work for the Greece PD. Sergeant is fired.
Then it turns out that the sergeant did so because he was ordered to by the Chief of Police for Greece! Chief is fired, and is now up on charges, since him and the sergeant were caught destroying evidence that implicated them.

Yeah, using your position as a cop to coerce sex works out great for everyone!

So, not Baltimore, Maryland?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2009, 10:24:46 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 07:50:25 AM
You have to understand the different sorts of Highways.  The Inter-State highways are actual highways and usually do go around population centers and their speed limits do not change.  The state highways are really just roads built to connect the various towns and cities and were usually built before the idea of modern highways really caught on (like they are generally just four lane roads without on or off ramps or anything you would normally associate with a highway).  You drive on those if there is no major highway and since there are only a few major highways you use them alot.

Yep, although I'd add that our inter-state highways typically go through population centers as well.  They just tend to cut through them as elevated highways.

The spaghetti junction at Atlanta, for example, is marvelous to behold.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on September 04, 2009, 02:39:40 PM
Two days ago I was driving back from doing court in the middle of absolutely fucking nowhere down a long gravel highway.  It's the kind of highway you can go an hour or two without meeting an oncoming vehicle.

So anyways, to my absolute shock, I get pulled over by the police! :o

It turns out that I was maybe 30 minutes from a tiny little town of about 200 people or so.  The two police officer they were supposed to have weren't there, so they brought in two relief members.  Their day job?  Whitehorse city traffic patrol.

So this officer was pretty bored in a town of 200, so he hit the highway to practice his craft. :lol:

Did you insist that he gives you some professional courtesy? :D

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on September 06, 2009, 01:55:42 AMThe spaghetti junction at Atlanta, for example, is marvelous to behold.
We have a spaghetti junction in Louisville.  :cool: It's smaller-scale, but same basic idea.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on September 06, 2009, 06:32:19 AM
We have a spaghetti junction in Louisville.  :cool: It's smaller-scale, but same basic idea.
They just finished upgrading the mixing bowl on the DC beltway to a spaghetti junction.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on September 06, 2009, 04:20:02 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 04, 2009, 02:39:40 PM
Two days ago I was driving back from doing court in the middle of absolutely fucking nowhere down a long gravel highway.  It's the kind of highway you can go an hour or two without meeting an oncoming vehicle.

So anyways, to my absolute shock, I get pulled over by the police! :o

It turns out that I was maybe 30 minutes from a tiny little town of about 200 people or so.  The two police officer they were supposed to have weren't there, so they brought in two relief members.  Their day job?  Whitehorse city traffic patrol.

So this officer was pretty bored in a town of 200, so he hit the highway to practice his craft. :lol:

Did you insist that he gives you some professional courtesy? :D

I was NOT going to mention my job to him at all, but he ran the plate which comes back to "Department of Justice".  So he asked me, and I sheepishly told him.  Then we had a very nice and pleasant chat for awhile.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.