Cop shoots fire chief in Ark. court over tickets

Started by jimmy olsen, September 03, 2009, 09:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:29:33 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2009, 07:28:02 AMAnd yet you want to be a redneck village sherriff. Make up your mind.
He wants to be like Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane.  :cool:

IIRC Rosco was pretty clean.

I'd be a corrupt cop near Berea-Richmond KY. Cute rural chicks seem to be produced there, so I'd take advantage of that.

You don't have the money for the ticket miss? Well there is a motel nearby where you can work the ticket off with me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2009, 07:33:01 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2009, 07:28:02 AMAnd yet you want to be a redneck village sherriff. Make up your mind.

I'd be a corrupt cop near Berea-Richmond KY. Cute rural chicks seem to be produced there, so I'd take advantage of that.

You don't have the money for the ticket miss? Well there is a motel nearby where you can work the ticket off with me.

Ok, but please be at least hot and take a good care of your body. The corrupt sexually molesting cops wouldn't be such a problem, if they didn't sport handlebar moustaches and beer bellies.

Caliga

Quote from: saskganesh on September 04, 2009, 07:32:31 AMthe article is a better argument for a state police force.
I agree.  We shall call ours the "Kentuckie Geheimestaatspolizei."  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:31:08 AM
I also envision there being a speed trap in Loving County, Texas (population: ~50).

It depends on whether they have a major road going through them.

The state highways always slow down to 40 Mph and go right through those small towns.  You have to slow waaaay down without much warning.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2009, 07:34:59 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2009, 07:33:01 AM

Ok, but please be at least hot and take a good care of your body. The corrupt sexually molesting cops wouldn't be such a problem, if they didn't sport handlebar moustaches and beer bellies.

I don't drink beer.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: saskganesh on September 04, 2009, 07:32:31 AM
no it should be municipal. the state would get it wrong in so many cases.

the article is a better argument for a state police force.

We have them.  They are, rather disturbingly, called the Department of Public Safety.  No I am not making that up.  I keep imagining a Texan Robbespierre demanding more arrests and executions.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2009, 07:32:23 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:31:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2009, 07:30:48 AMWrong country. In fact, we don't even get much of Carpathians. :(
Is there ANYTHING Poland doesn't fail at?  :rolleyes:

Pogroms? :unsure:
You should invade Romania for your fair share of mountains and vampires.

I bet the videos of Polish cavalrymen charging Romanian T-55's would captivate the world.
PDH!

Syt

I see him has Buford T. Justice.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 07:38:10 AM
We have them.  They are, rather disturbingly, called the Department of Public Safety.  No I am not making that up.  I keep imagining a Texan Robbespierre demanding more arrests and executions.
What about the: Texas Rangers? :alberta:

Valmy

Iormlund

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 07:35:26 AM

The state highways always slow down to 40 Mph and go right through those small towns.  You have to slow waaaay down without much warning.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a highway in the first place? Our highways go around population centers.

Valmy

Quote from: Iormlund on September 04, 2009, 07:46:34 AM
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a highway in the first place? Our highways go around population centers.

You have to understand the different sorts of Highways.  The Inter-State highways are actual highways and usually do go around population centers and their speed limits do not change.  The state highways are really just roads built to connect the various towns and cities and were usually built before the idea of modern highways really caught on (like they are generally just four lane roads without on or off ramps or anything you would normally associate with a highway).  You drive on those if there is no major highway and since there are only a few major highways you use them alot.

Caliga

We have that situation in a town right by me called Finchville.  KY State Highway 55 goes right through the center of town, and the speed limit drops from 55 mph to 30 mph with virtually no warning.  I suspect it's not truly a trap, because a) I've never seen anyone actually get pulled over, though there is always a cop car in sight, and b) the town literally only has this one road other than a few small alleys, and little kids are always running around... so there's a legit safety concern.

Caliga

Quote from: Iormlund on September 04, 2009, 07:46:34 AM
Yeah, we're not talking about interstate highways here.

Go to http://maps.google.com and type in 'Finchville, KY'.  Switch to street view and you can view Kentucky Highway 55 in all its glory and see what Valmy and I are talking about.

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:31:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2009, 07:30:48 AMWrong country. In fact, we don't even get much of Carpathians. :(
Is there ANYTHING Poland doesn't fail at?  :rolleyes:

Killing Jews.

Although they did have some assistance on the more technical aspects of the problem.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned