Cop shoots fire chief in Ark. court over tickets

Started by jimmy olsen, September 03, 2009, 09:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2009, 07:33:01 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:29:33 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2009, 07:28:02 AMAnd yet you want to be a redneck village sherriff. Make up your mind.
He wants to be like Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane.  :cool:

IIRC Rosco was pretty clean.

I'd be a corrupt cop near Berea-Richmond KY. Cute rural chicks seem to be produced there, so I'd take advantage of that.

You don't have the money for the ticket miss? Well there is a motel nearby where you can work the ticket off with me.

Yeah, that works out great every time. Do a goodle search on Gary Pignato.

Greece NY police officer coerces a stripper into sex.
Stripper files charges.
Turns out officer was fired from Rochester Police department, and lied on his application to Greece PD. Greece is a suburb of Rochester.
Pignato is now in jail.
Turns out that a police sergeant falsified the review of Pignatos application, in order to avoid the fact that he had been fired from the RPD, which would make him ineligible to work for the Greece PD. Sergeant is fired.
Then it turns out that the sergeant did so because he was ordered to by the Chief of Police for Greece! Chief is fired, and is now up on charges, since him and the sergeant were caught destroying evidence that implicated them.

Yeah, using your position as a cop to coerce sex works out great for everyone!

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DontSayBanana

Yeah. These things are pretty common. As I recall, there was a squabble in NY over a stretch of 87 in the vicinity of Catskill where troopers were pulling over drivers for 1 MPH over the speed limit at the bottom of a hill, only stopping after a judge threw out a couple hundred tickets in a month and yelling at the cops to stop wasting the court's time.
Experience bij!

DGuller

Just for perspective, as bad as small town fascism can get, it's got nothing on Russian traffic police, especially in cities like Moscow.  It's a fact known by absolutely everyone that Russian traffic police pulls people over almost exclusively to collect bribes, and they try to do at times which leave you very vulnerable (on the way to the international airport, for example).  If you try to play it straight and opt to receive a citation, your license will be suspended until your court date, which as you may have guessed is many months away (don't worry, there will be more bribery opportunities later on if you realize your error, but obviously they'll be more expensive).

Ed Anger

Quote from: Berkut on September 04, 2009, 08:20:25 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2009, 07:33:01 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:29:33 AM
Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2009, 07:28:02 AMAnd yet you want to be a redneck village sherriff. Make up your mind.
He wants to be like Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane.  :cool:

IIRC Rosco was pretty clean.

I'd be a corrupt cop near Berea-Richmond KY. Cute rural chicks seem to be produced there, so I'd take advantage of that.

You don't have the money for the ticket miss? Well there is a motel nearby where you can work the ticket off with me.

Yeah, that works out great every time. Do a goodle search on Gary Pignato.

Greece NY police officer coerces a stripper into sex.
Stripper files charges.
Turns out officer was fired from Rochester Police department, and lied on his application to Greece PD. Greece is a suburb of Rochester.
Pignato is now in jail.
Turns out that a police sergeant falsified the review of Pignatos application, in order to avoid the fact that he had been fired from the RPD, which would make him ineligible to work for the Greece PD. Sergeant is fired.
Then it turns out that the sergeant did so because he was ordered to by the Chief of Police for Greece! Chief is fired, and is now up on charges, since him and the sergeant were caught destroying evidence that implicated them.

Yeah, using your position as a cop to coerce sex works out great for everyone!

Jesus fucking Christ, do I have to put a FUCKING DISCLAIMER on my posts when I joking?

God, you people annoy the fuck out of me sometimes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Two days ago I was driving back from doing court in the middle of absolutely fucking nowhere down a long gravel highway.  It's the kind of highway you can go an hour or two without meeting an oncoming vehicle.

So anyways, to my absolute shock, I get pulled over by the police! :o

It turns out that I was maybe 30 minutes from a tiny little town of about 200 people or so.  The two police officer they were supposed to have weren't there, so they brought in two relief members.  Their day job?  Whitehorse city traffic patrol.

So this officer was pretty bored in a town of 200, so he hit the highway to practice his craft. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Wait, so were you speeding, or did he just pull you over for fun?  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 02:59:24 PM

Pulled him over for Apple gayness.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 04, 2009, 08:35:20 AM
Yeah. These things are pretty common. As I recall, there was a squabble in NY over a stretch of 87 in the vicinity of Catskill where troopers were pulling over drivers for 1 MPH over the speed limit at the bottom of a hill, only stopping after a judge threw out a couple hundred tickets in a month and yelling at the cops to stop wasting the court's time.

The draconian enforcement is the real problem.  As Cal mentioned, there are actually usually valid reasons for the lower limits in or near towns (though not always).

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 02:59:24 PM

Oh, I was speeding.  It's not as if I have EVER seen a cop on that highway.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Fireblade

QuoteAs of the census[3] of 2000, there were 184 people, 66 households, and 46 families residing in the town. The population density was 151.2/km² (394.6/mi²). There were 73 housing units at an average density of 60.0/km² (156.5/mi²). The racial makeup of the town was 4.35% White, 92.93% Black or African American, 0.54% from other races, and 2.17% from two or more races. 2.72% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Ah, the Delta.  :lol:

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 07:50:25 AM
Quote from: Iormlund on September 04, 2009, 07:46:34 AM
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a highway in the first place? Our highways go around population centers.

You have to understand the different sorts of Highways.  The Inter-State highways are actual highways and usually do go around population centers and their speed limits do not change.  The state highways are really just roads built to connect the various towns and cities and were usually built before the idea of modern highways really caught on (like they are generally just four lane roads without on or off ramps or anything you would normally associate with a highway).  You drive on those if there is no major highway and since there are only a few major highways you use them alot.

Yeah, I remember this concept from my time down there driving between San Angelo and San Antonio.

Before hitting I-10, you'd be on those back-country highways, where you'd always go down from 55 to 45/35.  And you'd have country cops crawling all over those highways.

I learned to either follow the limit, or let some yahoo, going over the limit, pass me, then use him to "run blocker" (ala Smokey and the Bandit  ;) ), in order to cruise over the limit a bit.

Fireblade

Fun note: There's a pretty good chance I'll be passing through Jericho, AR sometime tomorrow. :unsure:

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 07:50:25 AM
You have to understand the different sorts of Highways.  The Inter-State highways are actual highways and usually do go around population centers and their speed limits do not change.  The state highways are really just roads built to connect the various towns and cities and were usually built before the idea of modern highways really caught on (like they are generally just four lane roads without on or off ramps or anything you would normally associate with a highway).  You drive on those if there is no major highway and since there are only a few major highways you use them alot.

Yep, although I'd add that our inter-state highways typically go through population centers as well.  They just tend to cut through them as elevated highways.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.