Cop shoots fire chief in Ark. court over tickets

Started by jimmy olsen, September 03, 2009, 09:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2009, 07:24:14 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:22:11 AM
That sounds kinda boring actually.  I think most people who go into that line of work fantasize about beating poors, not doing paperwork.

Beating poors is a fringe benefit.

Also, I like to be left alone. Sitting on some shitty street in my car would be awesome.

If you leave out the car you can start your hobo lifestyle today!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2009, 07:26:17 AM
That sounds kinda boring actually.  I think most people who go into that line of work fantasize about beating poors, not doing paperwork.

Also, I like to be left alone. Sitting on some shitty street in my car would be awesome.

I like taking showers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2009, 07:25:46 AM
Wouldn't work here, since our police force is centralized and the same speed limits apply throughout the country, and city councils can't set them at will.
Ok.  :(

But what about the vampires? :contract:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2009, 07:27:04 AM

I like taking showers.

And yet you want to be a redneck village sherriff. Make up your mind.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 07:25:57 AM
Yes, yes they are.

Fortunately all you need to do is stay on the Interstate Highways and you can avoid them.
I think I can predict where in Texas I might find these towns just by the county name.  For example, Jim Hogg County HAS to contain at least one trap town.  :cool:

Valmy

Wouldn't work here, since our police force is centralized and the same speed limits apply throughout the country, and city councils can't set them at will.

That sucks.  The hilariously and disturbingly large amounts of power handed over to local goverments and school boards is what makes America great.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2009, 07:28:02 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2009, 07:27:04 AM

I like taking showers.

And yet you want to be a redneck village sherriff. Make up your mind.

I'd also have a seement pond.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2009, 07:28:02 AMAnd yet you want to be a redneck village sherriff. Make up your mind.
He wants to be like Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane.  :cool:

IIRC Rosco was pretty clean.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:28:42 AM
I think I can predict where in Texas I might find these towns just by the county name.  For example, Jim Hogg County HAS to contain at least one trap town.  :cool:

The most infamous ones were just outside major cities.  Some entire city budgets were funded just by busting people driving into Houston.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 07:29:01 AMThat sucks.  The hilariously and disturbingly large amounts of power handed over to local goverments and school boards is what makes America great.
Totally unsurprising though, given Poland's history of being a Soviet satellite.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:27:29 AM
Ok.  :(

But what about the vampires? :contract:

Wrong country. In fact, we don't even get much of Carpathians. :(

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2009, 07:30:00 AMThe most infamous ones were just outside major cities.  Some entire city budgets were funded just by busting people driving into Houston.
I also envision there being a speed trap in Loving County, Texas (population: ~50).

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2009, 07:30:48 AMWrong country. In fact, we don't even get much of Carpathians. :(
Is there ANYTHING Poland doesn't fail at?  :rolleyes:

Martinus

saskganesh

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 05:39:29 AM
Towns should not be allowed to set speed limits within their boundaries.  ....setting speed limits should be a state level function.

no it should be municipal. the state would get it wrong in so many cases.

the article is a better argument for a state police force.

humans were created in their own image