News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lee wets himself, aka Grant Takes Command

Started by Berkut, August 31, 2009, 11:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

You guys don't even realize my pain when I see that someone has posted in my thread, but it turns out they didn't really.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

If I were the Union I would try some ahistorical tactics - perhaps throwing thousands and thousands of men at the Confederate entrenchments in an attempt to wear them down through a process of merciless attrition.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Caliga

This game looks awesome.  I've never really liked any battle-level Civil War games but I want something to play other than For The People.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2009, 07:47:06 AM
This game looks awesome.  I've never really liked any battle-level Civil War games but I want something to play other than For The People.  :cool:

So far I very much like it. It is starting to look rather ugly in the Wilderness though. We are both shoving a lot of troops into a rather small area.

Why this is bad for the Union:
Will it end up with me just slamming into his dug in lines, in a brutal battle of attrition that I will lose - are we doing Cold Harbor in the first week of the campaign???

Why this is bad for the South:
Is he over-concentrating? I have more units - is the ANV going to get "bottled up" in the Wilderness?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Situation in the Wilderness.

This is towards the "end" of turn 3 - most units are at 3 or 4 fatigue, so more action is not likely today. As you can see, it is very concentrated, and Burnsides Corps is moving in. However, Hill's corp is off to the south still, so the Confederates do have a reserve still.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Cavalry having fun!

The cav has been active further West. Stuart feinted into Madison county, and Sheridan responded by trying to bring in overwhelming force to stomp on some of the isolated Confederate units.

I think I have surrounded and wiped out Stuart and the regiment with him.

0 rows returned

Caliga

Berkut

Yeah, it si out of print, and since GCACW is distributed by MMP, I would not hold your breath waiting for a reprint.

I got very lucky, and picked up a copy from BGG in trade for another game.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Caliga

Berkut

I am not sure Shiloh would be a very good game at this scale - the entire battle lasted two turns.

That entire campaign though, could be pretty awesome - hard though, since much of the decision  making was very strategic, and you would have to have some rules to deal with how the Union army could make the amphibious moves they did. Not sure how that would work out...

0 rows returned

Caliga

Well these are campaign games in any event.  :huh:

I guess in my mind that game would have to cover from Fts. Henry and Donelson thru the capture of Memphis and Nashville to the Seige of Corinth to be complete.  The geographic scale of that would be enormous though (maybe too big).

Habbaku

Of course, by having the other day end incredibly early, I am cursed to have the current day go on forever.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien