News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Napoleon: Total War (Not an Expansion for Empire)

Started by PRC, August 26, 2009, 04:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2009, 10:36:22 AM
Quote from: Cecil on September 03, 2009, 10:28:59 AM
Huh? Dont think that happened since MTW1. And that was scripted into the game.

Well it sure happened in Rome: Total War.

Ah yes, the sewer/filth riots.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2009, 10:35:31 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 03, 2009, 10:30:09 AM
It didn't happen to me either.  Valmy, how do you set your taxes?

The lowest I can usually.  Heck I do everything I can.  The cities grow and they revolt.  Meh.
That never happens to me in M2TW.  I go Reagan on them and keep the taxes at the lowest setting all the time, and that keeps them very happy.

Cecil

Quote from: DGuller on September 03, 2009, 10:39:08 AM

The lowest I can usually.  Heck I do everything I can.  The cities grow and they revolt.  Meh.
That never happens to me in M2TW.  I go Reagan on them and keep the taxes at the lowest setting all the time, and that keeps them very happy.

I have poor memory it seems. In Vanilla RTW that did indeed happen. I´ve been playing with mods for too long it seems. You had to remove your garrison and then slaughter the entire population in some cities because they werent controllable with any reasonable effort. EB largely removes this problem I´ve noticed. Anyho MTW2 this problem was gone IIRC.

DGuller

Quote from: Cecil on September 03, 2009, 10:42:53 AM

I have poor memory it seems. In Vanilla RTW that did indeed happen. I´ve been playing with mods for too long it seems. You had to remove your garrison and then slaughter the entire population in some cities because they werent controllable with any reasonable effort. EB largely removes this problem I´ve noticed. Anyho MTW2 this problem was gone IIRC.
You seem to be the one with the poor memory.  You can't even remember which game I talked about in the post you quoted.

Cecil

Quote from: DGuller on September 03, 2009, 10:44:23 AM
Quote from: Cecil on September 03, 2009, 10:42:53 AM

You seem to be the one with the poor memory.  You can't even remember which game I talked about in the post you quoted.

I dont know if I should do a /huh? or /facepalm at your post. Cant you read?

DGuller

Quote from: Cecil on September 03, 2009, 10:47:16 AM
I dont know if I should do a /huh? or /facepalm at your post. Cant you read?
Evidently not.  :Embarrass:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Syt on September 01, 2009, 11:11:16 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2009, 04:17:50 PM
Wow.  Finally a Napoleon game that freaking starts in 1796.  Is that really too much to ask?  Why do they always have to start in 1805?  Rivoli and Marengo not good enough for anybody?

Crown of Glory:EE starts in 1792.

but is it any good?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Huh.  I tend to go Roosevelt and raise taxes and build public works and a military.  Different ideologies I suppose.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on September 06, 2009, 04:10:20 PM

Huh.  I tend to go Roosevelt and raise taxes and build public works and a military.  Different ideologies I suppose.
I have enough money.  Lower taxes actually raise revenues by stimulating the growth of settlements.

Kleves

Quote from: DGuller on September 06, 2009, 05:01:24 PM
I have enough money.  Lower taxes actually raise revenues by stimulating the growth of settlements.
A supply-sider, I see.  :rolleyes:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DGuller

Quote from: Kleves on September 06, 2009, 05:18:55 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 06, 2009, 05:01:24 PM
A supply-sider, I see.  :rolleyes:
I'm not ideological.  I can come up with many different reasons to keep the taxes at their lowest in any situation.

Sahib

Didn't the low taxes turn your generals/family members into no-good demoralized losers? Or was it only in Rome?
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

DGuller

Quote from: Sahib on September 06, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
Didn't the low taxes turn your generals/family members into no-good demoralized losers? Or was it only in Rome?
It does just the opposite, at least in Stainless Steel.  Low taxes add chivalry points to your generals, which moralizes the troops, and adds to city population growth (I guess chicks really dig the chivalrous guys).

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 06, 2009, 06:33:52 PM
Quote from: Sahib on September 06, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
It does just the opposite, at least in Stainless Steel.  Low taxes add chivalry points to your generals, which moralizes the troops, and adds to city population growth (I guess chicks really dig the chivalrous guys).

How strange, considering that taxes are the most just and righteous invention created by man.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017