Main Menu

Jews steal arab organs!

Started by Razgovory, August 23, 2009, 07:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

Quote from: Neil on August 23, 2009, 08:40:25 AM
Quote from: Octavian on August 23, 2009, 08:30:05 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 23, 2009, 08:18:02 AM
And where in the Swedish government does it say that the government cannot comment on stories in the Swedish press?
Comment or condemn?

Anyway I find the swedish argument about freedom of speech hilarious considering that many (if not most) swedes still believe Denmark should apologies to the islamotards for the Mohammed cartoons.
Ultimately, the Swedish government is right in this case.  Of course, they're still a bunch of antisemitic assholes.

I agree
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

The Minsky Moment

The story should be easy to verify one way or another.  It's very difficult to steal organs without anyone noticing.  A single large pipe can get up to 1000 pounds.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2009, 08:34:36 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2009, 08:25:15 AM
To me "blood libel" is an expression used to make such accusations look particularly heinous and dangerous, because they are targeted at a vulnerable minority; in this context, blood libel was often used as a prelude to pogroms. As such they have a very strong negative connotation in Western culture.

In this context, using the term "blood libel" to describe such accusations being leveled against the Israeli state (which, as you yourself point out, could and are sometimes used against other countries as well) is a semantic/intellectual dishonesty, in the same vein as labeling anyone who criticises Israel as an "antisemite".

Well I think the context of using this sort of thing is attempting to justify terrorism and attacks on the Israeli state, property, and people so I sort of view it rather intellectually honest rather than dishonest.  Likewise similar accusations against the United States are used for exactly the same purposes.

I don't believe many Swedes (Slargos excepted) will join the ranks of terrorists after reading this story.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 24, 2009, 09:03:27 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2009, 08:34:36 AM
Well I think the context of using this sort of thing is attempting to justify terrorism and attacks on the Israeli state, property, and people so I sort of view it rather intellectually honest rather than dishonest.  Likewise similar accusations against the United States are used for exactly the same purposes.
Donations to Hamas, bans on Israeli academics, safe haven for terrorists, trade embargoes, etc.

It's a little ironic that Marty's qualifications for people you're not allowed to throw unsubstantiated allegations at excludes...gays!

It's also a little ironic that Marty, who's every third word is homophobe when the topic is gays, is so quick to denounce the term antisemite.

Really? I don't think you have ever seen me calling for the US government to make an official statement denouncing every publication made in the US that presents gays in a bad light through baseless allegations.  :huh:

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 24, 2009, 09:14:49 AM
The story should be easy to verify one way or another.  It's very difficult to steal organs without anyone noticing.  A single large pipe can get up to 1000 pounds.

They ignored our church organ jokes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Alatriste on August 24, 2009, 12:48:54 AM

Come on... would you have said the same in the case of Denmark and the Muhammad cartoons?

Governments must NOT interfere with our freedoms, and freedom of expression and press are very much included. I supported Denmark against muslim pressures, and now I will support Sweden against Israel's pressures if need be.

If Israel's government thinks that the article is so full of lies, then the proper thing to do is a lawsuit.

Later: I see you have changed your mind. Boy, that's not the Languish style(TM)!!!

I will leave my post because I think the comment is still interesting, given the circumstances. Both the cartoons and the article are probably examples of very bad journalism, but pressures against the freedom of expression are a serious danger.
I haven't changed my mind. Condemnation is not the same as censorship. While I wouldn't agree with them, if the government of Denmark had condemned the cartoons, there wouldn't be anything wrong with that. It's only censorship if the government attempts to prevent a newspaper from publishing. American government officials condemn inaccurate stories all the time and freedom of the press is in no way threatened by it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2009, 09:24:56 AM
I don't believe many Swedes (Slargos excepted) will join the ranks of terrorists after reading this story.

The article isn't going to be read only by Swedes. In the Arab world, this sort of conspiracy stuff will read like gospel.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grallon

Quote from: Valmy on August 24, 2009, 08:11:20 AM

Oh that was like anti-semitic and anti-Arab at the same time!  Go me!

:lol:  Technically both ethic groups are semitic, so you're right on the money.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2009, 09:27:03 AM
Really? I don't think you have ever seen me calling for the US government to make an official statement denouncing every publication made in the US that presents gays in a bad light through baseless allegations.  :huh:

Which is different from saying a blood libel is, in fact, not a blood libel because Israel exists as a state.  It is a blood libel and it serves the exact same purposes they always did: to encourage attacks on Jews.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on August 24, 2009, 09:36:22 AM
The article isn't going to be read only by Swedes. In the Arab world, this sort of conspiracy stuff will read like gospel.

While I am not hanging around in the Arab world, it sure seems like it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2009, 09:24:56 AM

If I publish an article encouraging the murder of gays, does it mean my article does in fact not encourage the murder of gays if no gays are murdered?

It never occured to me to judge articles entirely on their outcomes and not their substance.

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on August 24, 2009, 09:43:42 AM
:lol:  Technically both ethic groups are semitic, so you're right on the money.

:yeah:

The Brain

Israeli ambassador to Sweden 2002-04 Zvi Mazel says there is a huge anti-Israel conspiracy in Swedish media. "There is no press freedom in Sweden." In Sweden he is most well known for personally destroying an installation in a Stockholm museum in 2004.

Too bad the ambassadors don't simply cancel out and disappear. :bleeding:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1249418677847&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on August 24, 2009, 10:00:15 AM
Israeli ambassador to Sweden 2002-04 Zvi Mazel says there is a huge anti-Israel conspiracy in Swedish media. "There is no press freedom in Sweden." In Sweden he is most well known for personally destroying an installation in a Stockholm museum in 2004.

I think decades of siege mentality is starting to drive the Israelis steadily insane.  Either that or decades of exposure to the crucible of crazy that is the Middle East.  Israel/Palestine will somebody be the world's largest loony bin.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Malthus on August 24, 2009, 09:36:22 AM

These organ theft stories have been around for decades and have been aimed at virtually every country, and seem to be taken as truth almost everywhere.  Americans doing aid work Latin America have been been attacked by locals who thought they were scouting out which organs to steal.  The US even has an official who's job is to counter organ theft rumors.  Of course, I don't think a similar Israeli official would have much success at that job...