News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jews steal arab organs!

Started by Razgovory, August 23, 2009, 07:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Is Sweden still miffed over that whole Bernadotte misunderstanding?

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2009, 12:53:02 PM

Elaborate.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Viking

Quote from: The Brain on August 23, 2009, 01:38:13 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2009, 12:53:02 PM

Elaborate.

y'know, the Irgun assasinating him, that misunderstanding... I'm pretty sure Folke Bernadotte wanted to live.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

There is also the struggle between Aftonbladet and Jean Baptiste in the 1830s over freedom of the press. :nerd:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

I've changed my mind.  I take back what I said about the Swedish government.

DontSayBanana

The Israelis follow one of two tactics when asked to respect international law or the law of another sovereign nation: cry anti-semitism, or lie.
Experience bij!

Barrister

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 23, 2009, 08:28:52 PM
The Israelis follow one of two tactics when asked to respect international law or the law of another sovereign nation: cry anti-semitism, or lie.

:rolleyes:

Funny, I didn't know you were an Israel hater.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on August 23, 2009, 08:35:59 PM

He's kind of a good.

International law is a sham anyways.  It violates the cardinal principle of law.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DisturbedPervert

I hope you weren't too attached to your kidneys.

DontSayBanana

I'm not, and I'll consider taking back the "cry antisemitism" part, as it may be in error. However, Israeli government officials DO about-face on official stories so quickly and often that I wonder if they're insured for whiplash.
Experience bij!

dps

Quote from: Ape on August 23, 2009, 11:02:45 AM
He then asked some pointed questions in regard to the IDF's policy of performing what the Author considered unecessary autopsies on Palestinians that had obviously been shot.

I don't know about Isreali law on the subject, but in most jurisdictions in the U.S., an autopsy is legally required on anybody who died by violence.

Slargos

And per ush, the moment you utter something that could be even remotely construed as negative about israel or israeli conduct, you're an israel-hating nazi.

It's getting pretty boring.

Alatriste

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 23, 2009, 08:18:02 AM
And where in the Swedish government does it say that the government cannot comment on stories in the Swedish press?

I mean where in the Swedish constitution. :blush:

Come on... would you have said the same in the case of Denmark and the Muhammad cartoons?

Governments must NOT interfere with our freedoms, and freedom of expression and press are very much included. I supported Denmark against muslim pressures, and now I will support Sweden against Israel's pressures if need be.

If Israel's government thinks that the article is so full of lies, then the proper thing to do is a lawsuit.

Later: I see you have changed your mind. Boy, that's not the Languish style(TM)!!!

I will leave my post because I think the comment is still interesting, given the circumstances. Both the cartoons and the article are probably examples of very bad journalism, but pressures against the freedom of expression are a serious danger.

Habsburg

:mmm:

For the matter at hand, the Swedish Government is perfectly right in not acknowledging such rubish.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on August 23, 2009, 09:32:14 AM
Anyway...on topic. I agree with the dislike of Israel and its supporters crying anti-semitism to criticism.
I hate North Korea, its a shitty regime. That doesn't mean I'm a anti-Korean racist.
I dislike people saying criticisms of Israel are anti-semitic.  I think it's been too common and I think it weakens the meaning of anti-semitism, in much the same way that constant references to someone being like a fascist dilutes the meaning of fascist until it is, in effect, meaningless.  I think that's something that non anti-semites should be concerned with, that and that it's an attempt to shut down debate which then allows the critic to become a martyr - like just condemning the BNP as racist or Islamophobic without detailing the ways and refuting them.

Having said that I think this does seem anti-semitic because it feeds into and from the blood libel.  So in this case when supporters of Israel, or critics, cry 'anti-semitism', I think they have a point.

Unlike Yi and others I actually would like to see an apology and retraction from the paper (though not the government) and I think this is the sort of thing over which heads should roll.  Though I don't think the government need to get involved.
Let's bomb Russia!