News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jutland campaign AAR

Started by Tamas, August 22, 2009, 10:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Cecil on August 27, 2009, 01:35:43 PM
Yeah these two morons just about ruined this thread.
When you have spent some time here, you will find that these thread drifts are quite common.  If that bothers you, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on August 27, 2009, 07:12:16 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 27, 2009, 02:50:32 PM
Sunk German BBs: Hessen, Hannover, Schleswig-Holstein
Sunk British BCs:  Indefatigable, New Zealand, Australia, Invincible,  Indomitable, Inflexible
plus the British destroyer Marne managed to get sunk somehow
You weakened the British fleet and made your own stronger at the same time.  Those predreadnoughts are terrible.
Agreed.  They are like an anchor on the good elements of the fleet.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2009, 08:31:25 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 27, 2009, 07:12:16 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 27, 2009, 02:50:32 PM
Sunk German BBs: Hessen, Hannover, Schleswig-Holstein
Sunk British BCs:  Indefatigable, New Zealand, Australia, Invincible,  Indomitable, Inflexible
plus the British destroyer Marne managed to get sunk somehow
You weakened the British fleet and made your own stronger at the same time.  Those predreadnoughts are terrible.
Agreed.  They are like an anchor on the good elements of the fleet.
Actually, there really isn't much in the way of good elements of the fleet left, since most of the Konigs and Kaisers were sunk.  Still, at least the shitty, obsolete engines of the dreadnoughts were somewhat more reliable than those of the predreadnoughts.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tamas

Ah so that is why they struggled so much against the British BCs? Thats one thing I dont like in the game: no different designation (like just a single B) for pre-dreadnoughts.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on August 28, 2009, 12:11:16 AM
Ah so that is why they struggled so much against the British BCs? Thats one thing I dont like in the game: no different designation (like just a single B) for pre-dreadnoughts.

IIRC, they only have 4 11" guns, 2 forward and 2 aft.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Cecil

Quote from: grumbler on August 27, 2009, 08:30:38 PM
Quote from: Cecil on August 27, 2009, 01:35:43 PM
Yeah these two morons just about ruined this thread.
When you have spent some time here, you will find that these thread drifts are quite common.  If that bothers you, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I´ve been here quite a few years thank you and you are still the same moronic asshole you were years ago.

PDH

Well, that's settled then!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: Cecil on August 28, 2009, 08:40:22 AM
I´ve been here quite a few years thank you and you are still the same moronic asshole you were years ago.
Hi, Hortlund!  I see you haven't changed a bit.  :cool:

I expect you will burst into tears and run away again fairly soon.  That's always fun.

Bayraktar!

Berkut

We have an entire forum dedicated to flaming and all that, lets take it there, shall we?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on August 28, 2009, 08:52:30 AM
Quote from: Cecil on August 28, 2009, 08:40:22 AM
Hi, Hortlund!  I see you haven't changed a bit.  :cool:

I expect you will burst into tears and run away again fairly soon.  That's always fun.

I thought Hortlund was bluebook? Or has there been a nickname change? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on August 28, 2009, 09:20:14 AM
We have an entire forum dedicated to flaming and all that, lets take it there, shall we?

Purple!

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on August 28, 2009, 10:31:56 AM
I thought Hortlund was bluebook? Or has there been a nickname change? :unsure:
Not sure.  This one is very quick with the unprovoked personal insults, and I don't think it is Dorsey, so I just guessed.

If someone cared, they could check it out, I suppose.  But this speculation belongs on the main forum.

To the topic, Tamas, I think the "B" designation for pre-dreads is entirely a modern gaming fiction.  The USS Indiana, for instance, is BB-1 (though not designated as that when she was built) and is a pre-dreadnought.  I thus find it unsurprising that some game manufacturers are unaware of the "single-B for predreadnought" convention.

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: Tamas on August 28, 2009, 12:11:16 AM
Any battleship with triple expansion engines is garbage.  They're fragile, tempermental and slow.  I'm not fond of the armament layout of the first two German dreadnought classes either.  It's more wasteful than anything the Japanese ever tried, and vulnerable to boot.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Oh man, the RN is a bunch of pussies.
I managed to cut off a couple of CLs and obliterate them, but the rest of the RN turned tail and ran.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2009, 02:13:23 PM
Oh man, the RN is a bunch of pussies.
I managed to cut off a couple of CLs and obliterate them, but the rest of the RN turned tail and ran.
Being a pussy allows the RN to win the war.