News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bill Cosby

Started by DGuller, August 19, 2009, 11:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

I've been flipping through the channels to fight insomnia, and I came upon Bill Cosby on Larry King show discussing education.  Cosby seemed completely out of it.  He was incoherent when making a point, didn't answer the questions that were asked and instead just rambled on about what he wanted to ramble about, looked totally bored and disinterested when the other guy was talking, and seemed to be in complete la-la-land when it came to policy suggestions (we should double the money spent on education per child, yeah, sure, that's realistic).  Is age catching up with him, or was he always a couple of bricks short of a load?

derspiess

He's been like that in any interview I can remember.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2009, 12:17:02 AM
He's been like that in any interview I can remember.

Not to mention his comedy act.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on August 19, 2009, 11:58:04 PM
Cosby seemed completely out of it.  He was incoherent when making a point, didn't answer the questions that were asked and instead just rambled on about what he wanted to ramble about, looked totally bored and disinterested when the other guy was talking, and seemed to be in complete la-la-land when it came to policy suggestions.

And that was any different from Larry King how, exactly?

Jaron

Bill is a visionary; a modern day philosopher. He doesn't need to be realistic, he needs to help figure out what needs to be done.

Education in America needs work, and all everyone else is saying is "It worked when I was a kid!" :angry:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: DGuller on August 19, 2009, 11:58:04 PMlooked totally bored and disinterested when the other guy was talking

Why would anyone be interested in what Larry King was saying?

Darth Wagtaros

I don't get King's show.  It used to be he'd ask the stupidest softball questions imaginable.  Now I think he just gives his guest a mike and lets them talk. 
PDH!

Viking

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 20, 2009, 05:39:21 AM
I don't get King's show.  It used to be he'd ask the stupidest softball questions imaginable.  Now I think he just gives his guest a mike and lets them talk.

Thats how he plans it. His Ideal show is when he just introduces the guest and lets him speak for the full hour.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

I really think King is the worst talk show host I've ever seen.  I have no idea how he's managed to have such a great career.  Maybe he gives really good head or something.  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Quote from: Caliga on August 20, 2009, 05:44:08 AM
I really think King is the worst talk show host I've ever seen.  I have no idea how he's managed to have such a great career.  Maybe he gives really good head or something.  :huh:
Maybe because he did it first.  I think he was there at the start of CNN?

He seems like an American David Frost, with a less interesting career.
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

Well, he was doing talk radio since the 1970s, I think... so yeah there's the longevity.

But even before he got senile, I thought he was horrible.  I mean, I find Diane Rehm easier to listen to and she's got that weird dysphonia disorder. :x
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Also, there's clearly something wrong with him on a deeply personal level:
QuoteSpouse(s)

Shawn Southwick (1997 – present)
Julie Alexander (1989 – 1992; div.)
Sharon Lepore (1976 – 1984; div.)
Alene Akins (1967 – 1972; 2nd div.)
Mickey Sutphin (1963 – 1967; div.)
Alene Akins (1961 – 1963; div.)
Frada Miller (1952 – 1953; annull.)
Annette Kaye; (Dates Unknown; divorced)