Sheilbh

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 20, 2009, 07:48:32 AM
Quote from: Caliga on August 20, 2009, 07:29:10 AM
Also, there's clearly something wrong with him on a deeply personal level

I know, marrying the same chick twice is crazy :blink:
He's the male Liz Taylor :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

So the dude like to have sex & somehow can't do it without getting married first? He's old, that's his generation.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 20, 2009, 07:49:35 AM
So the dude like to have sex & somehow can't do it without getting married first? He's old, that's his generation.
My assumption is that either a) he has no clue how to get along with anyone, or b) he has horrible judgment and kept picking lunatics for wives.

Now that he's so old he probably won't leave his current wife... she prolly acts like his caretaker.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 20, 2009, 05:34:30 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 19, 2009, 11:58:04 PMlooked totally bored and disinterested when the other guy was talking

Why would anyone be interested in what Larry King was saying?
The other guy was Ed Rendell.  And King was asking Cosby whether more money for education meant better outcome, and where should one draw the line, which was a very thoughtful question, but it just wasn't getting through to Cosby.  King actually asked it twice, and got rambles from Cosby both times.  It was sad to watch.

KRonn

Quote from: DGuller on August 20, 2009, 07:59:21 AM
Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 20, 2009, 05:34:30 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 19, 2009, 11:58:04 PMlooked totally bored and disinterested when the other guy was talking

Why would anyone be interested in what Larry King was saying?
The other guy was Ed Rendell.  And King was asking Cosby whether more money for education meant better outcome, and where should one draw the line, which was a very thoughtful question, but it just wasn't getting through to Cosby.  King actually asked it twice, and got rambles from Cosby both times.  It was sad to watch.
Sad, yeah. And this from Cosby who has been talking about things like taking responsibility, bettering yourself, etc. Positive stuff. I guess he speaks mainly to the black community, and gets flack for that, but the issues can apply to anyone.

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 20, 2009, 12:42:00 AM
Not to mention his comedy act.

I thought he was awesome back in his day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Anywho, he taught some valuable lessons to us all on Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids.  Cut the man some slack.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2009, 08:41:36 AM
Anywho, he taught some valuable lessons to us all on Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids.  Cut the man some slack.

Picture Pages > Fat Albert.  Now, if only Mushmouth had been on Picture Pages, the should would have been PERFECT.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2009, 08:08:24 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 20, 2009, 12:42:00 AM
Not to mention his comedy act.

I thought he was awesome back in his day.

Bill Cosby: Himself is a classic stand up routine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 20, 2009, 07:48:32 AM
I know, marrying the same chick twice is crazy :blink:

I dunno.  Years go by, you remember the good times, forget the bad times, think things can be different on round two, and so on...

...surprised it doesn't happen more, actually, but I guess it requires both people to stay in the same geographic area and social circles.

Valmy

I wonder if that has ever worked out?

Maybe if the main reason the marriage failed is because the two of you were too young and immature.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

ulmont

Quote from: ulmont on August 20, 2009, 10:14:48 AM
...surprised it doesn't happen more, actually

Maybe it does:

Quote from: GoogleResults 1 - 10 of about 1,670,000 for remarrying divorced spouse.

Tonitrus

Quote from: DGuller on August 19, 2009, 11:58:04 PMHe was incoherent when making a point, didn't answer the questions that were asked and instead just rambled on about what he wanted to ramble about, looked totally bored and disinterested when the other guy was talking, and seemed to be in complete la-la-land when it came to policy suggestions

That could be any episode of Meet the Press.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 20, 2009, 10:59:37 AM
Totally unfair.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 20, 2009, 11:06:23 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on August 20, 2009, 10:59:37 AM
Totally unfair.

Well, any of those Sunday morning shows, really.

Heck, any interview with almost any politician.