News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What makes a person a particular gender?

Started by merithyn, August 19, 2009, 10:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2009, 03:50:26 PM
Quote from: swallow on August 20, 2009, 03:37:02 PM
I  find it all quite patronising

How is it patronising?  Sometimes the female version of an event is actually far more popular and the athletes more famous.  There is nothing patronising about it.
Yeah, but rarely becasue they're better at it, but because they look hot doing it (and then there's tennis, not sure why women is more popular. the grunting? Then curling would be the number one woamsn sport lol )
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HVC on August 20, 2009, 03:53:58 PM

How is it patronising?  Sometimes the female version of an event is actually far more popular and the athletes more famous.  There is nothing patronising about it.
Yeah, but rarely becasue they're better at it, but because they look hot doing it (and then there's tennis, not sure why women is more popular. the grunting? Then curling would be the number one woamsn sport lol )

The short skirts, duh. And not all female tennis players look like the Williams sisters.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 20, 2009, 03:56:16 PM

The short skirts, duh. And not all female tennis players look like the Williams sisters.
While there are some hot ones, most are bulky. it's... disconcerting.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Yeah, but rarely becasue they're better at it, but because they look hot doing it

Your tastes may vary but I think few of the fans who turn in for figure skating or gymnastics do so because of the hot girls.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: swallow on August 20, 2009, 03:51:19 PM
Mine make a lot of sense if (and, yes, only if) there's a bell curve within each group.  People would be better placed in groups, training could be more specific to the body shape (hormones 'gender' skeleton etc, whatever) and overall, performance would get the chance to improve

The seems alot more work and alot easier to cheat than a simple sex split.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2009, 05:28:33 PM
Your tastes may vary but I think few of the fans who turn in for figure skating or gymnastics do so because of the hot girls.

Some of the gals who do the "rhythmic" gymnastics are pretty hott.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?