News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What makes a person a particular gender?

Started by merithyn, August 19, 2009, 10:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 20, 2009, 12:18:55 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 20, 2009, 12:17:23 PM
You could get around the problem by just banning butt ugly people from competing. The questionable cases look like puke.

sure... as long that applies to ugly bio male and females also. and horses with questionable breeding histories and ugly forlocks in the equestrian events.

Of course. Sports is show biz. I'm not paying to see ugly people.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 20, 2009, 12:18:55 PM
horses with questionable breeding histories and ugly forlocks in the equestrian events.

It is good to know your audience
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2009, 07:46:44 AM

So should we have three genders in the Olympics?

Men, women, and other?

I guess it depends on whether you consider gender a social construct or as a division made due to slight human sexual dimorphism like in sports.

If you do not have the physical disadvantages of being a woman competing as one is cheating.

:unsure:

I don't remember making any of those comments. I was merely relaying an anecdote about old ideas versus new science. In fact, I've made no comment whatsoever about the article, as I've no opinion on the matter.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on August 20, 2009, 12:50:43 PM
I don't remember making any of those comments. I was merely relaying an anecdote about old ideas versus new science. In fact, I've made no comment whatsoever about the article, as I've no opinion on the matter.

The fact your comments had nothing to do with my misplaced rant does not mean my misplaced rant is any less true!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2009, 12:53:14 PM
The fact your comments had nothing to do with my misplaced rant does not mean my misplaced rant is any less true!
THAT is languish, god bless you!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2009, 12:53:14 PM

See, and I was just telling Max that Languish felt.. wrong. I've been reading reasonable discourse and actually learning a good bit from the lot of you. I was scared.  :cry:

Thank you for bringing us back to where we started, Valmy. ^_^
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on August 20, 2009, 12:57:56 PM
See, and I was just telling Max that Languish felt.. wrong. I've been reading reasonable discourse and actually learning a good bit from the lot of you. I was scared.  :cry:

Thank you for bringing us back to where we started, Valmy. ^_^

I am here to make you feel at home :)

Anyway I misunderstood and I admitted it no need to pile on.  :(

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2009, 12:10:25 PM
I would prefer the trannies compete with the men if they fancy themselves world class olympic athlete trannies.

In Thailand they compete with the men if they want to play sports.  Back in the mid 90s a gay/trannie team won the national volleyball tournament.

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 20, 2009, 01:14:49 PM
In Thailand they compete with the men if they want to play sports.  Back in the mid 90s a gay/trannie team won the national volleyball tournament.

It is good to see my ideas working out in reality.

Ed Anger

Lesbians(or regular 'ol women) can buy attachments to switch genders.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

swallow

www.runnerstribe.com/lenjohnsonhome.php

Under 'Women's 800 - Situation Normal: Friday August 7, 2009' there's an artical about various winners and a nice picture of her too.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2009, 01:19:21 PM

I made the mistake of watching that Southern Comfort documentary about "men" who used to be women (I guess there were some who flipped the opposite way as well).  They were able to grow beards & all from the hormone injections & had their boobs cut off, but one thing they couldn't hide was their bitch hips, which were quite evident when they wore jeans.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 20, 2009, 02:25:40 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2009, 01:19:21 PM

I made the mistake of watching that Southern Comfort documentary about "men" who used to be women (I guess there were some who flipped the opposite way as well).  They were able to grow beards & all from the hormone injections & had their boobs cut off, but one thing they couldn't hide was their bitch hips, which were quite evident when they wore jeans.

I wouldn't admit watching that in this forum. Rookie mistake.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Well at least he conceded it was a mistake.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Gender is social, sex is genetic. 

Even in sex distinctions, though, you have XXY chromosome combos and the like, which muddy things.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!