News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New P'dox affiliated release - For The Glory

Started by garbon, August 19, 2009, 02:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Sigh. With AGCEEP the game is absolutely spectacular. It's a pity they didn't bother to use a new map, because the map which does not have AGCEEP is also spectacular.

Even if it decided that Silesian, Rhenish, Westphalian, Bavarian, and Plattsdeutsch are all as differen from each other as the Han and Irish.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on December 06, 2009, 11:18:10 AM
Spectacular is in the eye of the beholder.

Okay, your product sucks and you fail at life?

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on December 06, 2009, 11:39:42 AM
Okay, your product sucks and you fail at life?

Don't know what that's about. :D

Anyway, I try to use those new maps and I can't. I cringe.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Patch 1.1 - I love Birger

Added Glory interface

Vricklund

Maladict

dps

Quote from: Maladict on December 18, 2009, 11:23:05 AM
HOTT
Now get us a new map. :contract:

Eh, even that one is sooo much better than the EUIII map.  I'd forgotten just how good it looked in comparison.

You know, the screenies of the map shots on the box for the original EU were a very large part of what got me to by the game (I had never heard of it when I saw it on store shelves).  I'm fairly sure that screenshots of the EUIII map wouldn't have convinced me to buy it, even out of the bargain bin, if I'd never heard of the series.

Seen

Fine, 50% off at steam dropped the price to what I found reasonable.  :P

Vricklund

Quote from: Seen on December 23, 2009, 10:55:43 AM
Why are all digital dowloads such a hassle? I don't want any third party crap just a simple .iso-file, is that so wrong?  :cry:

Seen

Quote from: Vricklund on December 23, 2009, 07:09:04 PM
Quote from: Seen on December 23, 2009, 10:55:43 AM
Why are all digital dowloads such a hassle? I don't want any third party crap just a simple .iso-file, is that so wrong?  :cry:
Someone with your kind of ancient internet experience finds digital dl a hassle? :O

Actually for smaller games i like it, just for big ones i still prefer iso/dvds

Ideologue

Fuck the Fall of the City of Victory Event for Vijayanagar.  I forgot it existed, and it's fucking bullshit anyway.  30% RR. :rolleyes:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Fate

Yeah, I always disliked the heavy handed RR approach taken by the AGCEEP. Ming China is especially frustrating with all of the long duration high RR events in certain provinces that you can't do anything about (besides gutting the event file!)...

dps

Quote from: Fate on January 10, 2010, 04:07:58 PM
Yeah, I always disliked the heavy handed RR approach taken by the AGCEEP. Ming China is especially frustrating with all of the long duration high RR events in certain provinces that you can't do anything about (besides gutting the event file!)...

That was the situation in China in vanilla, too.

Well, not just in China when you're talkning about events railroading the game.  The insane and persistant high revolt risk in China was quite unusual--Japan had it bad, too, but not that bad.

Complaints about the overly deterministic events in EUII are apparantly largely what lead Paradox to the "situational" event structure in EUIII, which most people seem to think went too far in the other direction, at least before the expansions.

ulmont

Quote from: dps on January 11, 2010, 01:15:20 PM
Complaints about the overly deterministic events in EUII are apparantly largely what lead Paradox to the "situational" event structure in EUIII, which most people seem to think went too far in the other direction, at least before the expansions.

Yeah.  I personally wanted them to convert all the EUII events (at least the non-flavor ones) to situational ones, but we didn't get as much of that.