News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

for example, I found myself thinking "I see tension is building up in ottoman-held southern serbia. should I support them if it comes to a crisis? Ottos could use some losses of territory and prestige. But I also have Serbian cores, if the rest of the serbs were unified, Serbia would surely put national focus on stearing up shit with me"

as I said there are plenty to tweak with the system but stuff like the above is much more late 19th century Austria than anything else the game has been able to provide

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

So, is this game worth 6 bucks or am I better off buying a 6-pack?

PRC

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on June 06, 2013, 02:00:59 PM

Where is it on sale for 6 bucks?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: PRC on June 06, 2013, 02:11:50 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on June 06, 2013, 02:00:59 PM

Where is it on sale for 6 bucks?

Half-Price Books.

Tamas

it would worth it, sure, but you need both expansions for it to really work.

Solmyr

Is the second expansion playable now?

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on June 07, 2013, 05:24:46 AM
Is the second expansion playable now?

they much-much improved the silly dominion-release thing, and that was the only obvious ugliness for me. It's still Vicky2, so I find myself playing CK2 instead, but it is a much improved Vicky 2.

Josephus

So....this game any good? Scale of 1-10 where 1=HOI3 and 10=EU3 complete
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

ulmont

Quote from: Josephus on August 03, 2013, 12:30:14 PM
So....this game any good? Scale of 1-10 where 1=HOI3 and 10=EU3 complete

7.  I'm having a lot of fun playing a few games as China and Japan, and am about to go back and try Prussia.

mongers

Quick question, Victoria II is on -75% at Steam, so is the vanilla on it's own worth playing or do I need all of the expansion too ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Drakken

As per the default policy when buying Paradox games : Buy with all expansions.

mongers

Quote from: Drakken on October 04, 2013, 03:48:30 PM

Thanks for that, but I didn't wait too long and purchased the vanilla, I'll have a play now and if I'm touched by it, I'll buy the rest at the weekend.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

I bought Vanilla a couple months ago....been a bit underwhelmed by it. Whole lot of staring at the screen unable to do very much waiting for something to happen. Does it get better with XPs?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

ulmont

Quote from: mongers on October 04, 2013, 03:57:02 PM
Quote from: Drakken on October 04, 2013, 03:48:30 PM

Thanks for that, but I didn't wait too long and purchased the vanilla, I'll have a play now and if I'm touched by it, I'll buy the rest at the weekend.   :)

Westernization is a lot better with Heart of Darkness.  China writeup here:
http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=15067

PRC

This has probably been commented on before, but first time i've seen it since i've been playing Victoria II again and came across this in one of the newspaper articles: