And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

Quote from: Solmyr on June 07, 2011, 09:55:46 AM
Did it send a shiva down your spine?

Pff. My one criticism is that none of the mods stop players from falling further and further behind in tech if they're a backwards nation. Russia wasn't using 1870s weaponry in 1914, which leads to absurd results, if Nehru what I mean.

DGuller

I guess you really put the pun in Punjab.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Solmyr

Quote from: Faeelin on June 07, 2011, 01:25:42 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on June 07, 2011, 09:55:46 AM
Did it send a shiva down your spine?

Pff. My one criticism is that none of the mods stop players from falling further and further behind in tech if they're a backwards nation. Russia wasn't using 1870s weaponry in 1914, which leads to absurd results, if Nehru what I mean.

Well, hopefully either Paradox or the modders will eventually get it Raj.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Faeelin

Oh jeez.

I'll list a few of the features here:
New starting point in 1861, allowing players to experience the US Civil War from the start.
Manufacture reasons to go to war with other countries, all in the name of the great game of power.
Civilize your country with various new reform paths to ultimately become equal to the western nations.
Invest in building infrastructure and factories in other countries to strengthen their ties to you.
Deeper political system with new national focus options and new types of reforms.
A new system of popular movements that can be appeased or suppressed, but if ignored, will become the revolutionaries of tomorrow.
Improved interface, with more information easily available and improving gameplay.

Let the praise/critique begin!

My response:

QuoteWill this also take about a year to balance? This all sounds fun, but you're adding more complex to a game that's taken dedicated modders to make playable...

Habbaku

Questioning Paradox is trolling, you know.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Faeelin on June 08, 2011, 10:22:56 AM
Oh jeez.

I'll list a few of the features here:
New starting point in 1861, allowing players to experience the US Civil War from the start.
Manufacture reasons to go to war with other countries, all in the name of the great game of power.
Civilize your country with various new reform paths to ultimately become equal to the western nations.
Invest in building infrastructure and factories in other countries to strengthen their ties to you.
Deeper political system with new national focus options and new types of reforms.
A new system of popular movements that can be appeased or suppressed, but if ignored, will become the revolutionaries of tomorrow.
Improved interface, with more information easily available and improving gameplay.

Let the praise/critique begin!

My response:

QuoteWill this also take about a year to balance? This all sounds fun, but you're adding more complex to a game that's taken dedicated modders to make playable...

QuoteLess trolling, please. I'm sure mods make things more balanced or more interesting for you, but the game is quite playable without them.

:P lol
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DGuller

:lmfao:  Paradox really needs more liberals in the development team to pass some free speech reforms.

Faeelin

Quote from: DGuller on June 08, 2011, 11:27:05 AM
:lmfao:  Paradox really needs more liberals in the development team to pass some free speech reforms.

Faeelin is now friendly towards you. Though we're both gonna get banned.

DGuller

Wow, that was quick.  My post has already been deleted.  They sure are fast with some things at Paradox, even if making a playable game isn't one of them.

The Brain

Jaron and FB got nothing on you guys.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

And I got an infraction on top of that.  I knew the douche was a moderator, but since he didn't use the obnoxious font while saying obnoxious things, I thought he was voicing his opinion as a true believer rather than as a mod.  Oh, well, running afoul of that thought police is a badge of honor.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive