News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

It's playable, sort of.  Still plenty of stuff that needs to be unfucked, though.

I never tried the mods that try to fix Vicky 2.  Are there any good ones, or do they focus on making sure that all 74 Balkan ethnicities are represented?

Faeelin

They started out as the former, but since the economy is hard mostly seem to have become the latter.

Gaius Marius

First Man in Rome

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Gaius Marius

Quote from: Viking on May 20, 2011, 04:42:27 AM
Quote from: Gaius Marius on May 19, 2011, 11:11:51 PM
I recommend my own mod  :D

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Blut_und_Eisen/index.php?showtopic=385

Any special features?

Hmm, special features eh. Well, there probably isn't much i've done that isn't done in some fashion in some other mods.

- I have some MP-oriented wargoals that no other mod or patch has (including one to simulate land transfers)
- I also have a literacy goal for China to achieve to civilize which I believe is unique amongst mods

I'm sort of a half-way point between PDM which totally rewrites the game and puts the economy/events system into overdrive, and vanilla which is largely balanced for SP and still needs some love. Mine is more or less MP-oriented, which means higher costs, a bit less gap between the Great and Minor nations, a tech tree that spreads out the rewards, Ironclads that can actually function as PDNs in terms of power when the invention comes about, a nerfing of those soldier bloats and early population explosions, and an end to those situations where you wait years to build up any clergy. We have situations in vanilla where you had to lose your bureaucrats to get your clergy, or clerks to get your craftsmen up. I ended some of the illogical patterns. Russian and Austrian industrial score booms less early because promo and demo at lower literacy got nerfed, and with 1.4b changing the calculations, hopefully French and Turkish industrial score will boom less from those spammed luxury factories. 
First Man in Rome

Viking

Any attempt at identifying bottlenecks in industrial production (lumber, regular cloths etc.) and any attempt to stop LF from de-industrializing countries?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Gaius Marius

Quote from: Viking on May 21, 2011, 08:26:04 AM
Any attempt at identifying bottlenecks in industrial production (lumber, regular cloths etc.) and any attempt to stop LF from de-industrializing countries?

When I parceled out good production increases to more than just the power and production techs, I have to tried to correct any major issues encountered with demand (except for arms, those simply take time to self-correct on the market i'm afraid until Paradox does further optimizing for artisan and capi production choices. I also correct anytime 'lockup' appears for a good (where supply supposedly meets demand, yet all but the top 2 prestige powers can't get it). I can always use more testers to report more of these issues and when in the game they occur. 
First Man in Rome

Viking

I have a visceral hate for the LF capitalists that insist on shutting down all my steamer factories when I have 200 ships queued up because they lack machine parts, also, they shut down my machine parts factories because they lack steel, also, they shut down my steel factories because I can't buy iron on the world market, nor steel nor steamers.... meh...

I'll try your mod, does it work with 1.4?

Viking

obviously a MP mod, SP wise I just have eternal wars. To force anything short of minor concession you need to destroy the other country's economy.

It might be useful for MP, useless for SP.

Gaius Marius

Quote from: Viking on May 22, 2011, 09:33:04 AM
I have a visceral hate for the LF capitalists that insist on shutting down all my steamer factories when I have 200 ships queued up because they lack machine parts, also, they shut down my machine parts factories because they lack steel, also, they shut down my steel factories because I can't buy iron on the world market, nor steel nor steamers.... meh...

I'll try your mod, does it work with 1.4?

It should operate just as well or better overtop of 1.4b as it does over 1.3. I know what you mean about the frustrating nature of L-F; though the worse part is when you've built up a multilevel factory with interventionism or state capitalism, and the effect of closing is to return it to level 1.

Sadly, there isn't much that can be done for the AI. It should make tech choices more in line with whats good in the mod, but otherwise its still stupid as shit with budgetting, wars, and diplomacy. Function of AI scripting being largely hardcoded.
First Man in Rome

Kleves

Is this worth reinstalling yet?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DGuller

For all its flaws, it does seem to have an addictive quality to it.  Try it out and see for yourself.

Tamas

Try the PoN demo instead. I want to get a PBEM going soon after release.

Faeelin

Actually, I just tried 1.4 with the Pop demand mod, and it's... playable. It's fun, too; I was able to unite much of India as the Punjab, and I played until I got sikh of it.

Solmyr

Quote from: Faeelin on June 07, 2011, 08:02:12 AM
Actually, I just tried 1.4 with the Pop demand mod, and it's... playable. It's fun, too; I was able to unite much of India as the Punjab, and I played until I got sikh of it.

Did it send a shiva down your spine?