News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

It would make ICBMs in HOI more realistic.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Tyr on April 06, 2011, 07:29:54 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 06, 2011, 06:20:08 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2011, 10:12:11 PM
I always wondered if one day they will make a Paradox game on a Globe rather then a contorted cylinder.
I certainly hope not.  It is a dreadful idea.
Why's that in your view?

I can see ways it could be done well...but also ways it could be done badly.

It's Paradox.  Which is more likely--done well or done badly?   I think that we all know the answer to that one.

jimmy olsen

Any decent mods for this?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 08, 2011, 07:26:50 AM
Any decent mods for this?

No.

As I have told repeatedly here, all major mods have been trying to introduce more complexity in the name of "realism", utterly failing to realize that the whole problem with the game is that it has crumbled under its own complexity.

Josquius

Quote from: dps on April 07, 2011, 10:05:40 PM

It's Paradox.  Which is more likely--done well or done badly?   I think that we all know the answer to that one.

I dunno, they mess up a lot of things but they usually seem to do pretty OK with usability.
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Has anyone tried the new patch? How is it?

sbr

Quote from: Threviel on April 15, 2011, 08:06:03 AM
Has anyone tried the new patch? How is it?

I heard a rumor Soldier Pops were still borked.  I have no idea what was wrong with them before.

DGuller

The problem is when the colonies become saturated with pops, and all the RGO slots are filled.  Since you can't build factories, all the surplus population goes to the nearest recruitment center.  GB and France get an insane military score from that by the time 1900 or so rolls around.

Neil

Also, they could use more dreadnoughts.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I feel clever for not buying this game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

HisMajestyBOB

I really want to play this game, but in its current state I'd just end up disappointed. :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on April 15, 2011, 08:17:34 PM

I wish I was clever.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

I would have felt clever if I had quit buying games from Paradox before Rome came out.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 16, 2011, 06:43:24 AM

I wish I was clever.  :(

Didn't say I was clever, just felt that way. :P

Viking

Quote from: Tyr on April 06, 2011, 08:52:25 AM
And now it seems to crash everytime the nationalism and imperialism event pops up :frusty:
And its lost all my saved games from today. Just wtf. :ultra:

I think I'm going to drop this one again...

I had the same problem but I got past it... eventually. Maybe it depends on who gets it first?

I think the best thing about this patch so far is that soldier pops deplete sufficiently. So, when an army is wiped out, it doesn't come back. Despite the UK having 600 brigades in the 1870's, they don't manage to land all of them in north america.

When my regiments go red and they don't have much experience I just disband them.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.