News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

The provinces for Pula and Rijeka get Italian names, but Zadar and Split get Croatian ones (rather than Zara and Spalato). Somewhat inconsistent.

But the map looks really good. :licklips:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Syt

Quote from: Warspite on January 30, 2010, 12:27:38 PM
The provinces for Pula and Rijeka get Italian names, but Zadar and Split get Croatian ones (rather than Zara and Spalato). Somewhat inconsistent.

You whacky balkans people. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

They really should just call everything English/Swedish/whatever the local version may be to stop that sillyness.
██████
██████
██████

Agelastus

Quote from: I Killed Kenny on January 19, 2010, 03:50:41 PM
This map does not suck!

Then colour me amazed, as the more I look at the Hearts of Iron III map when considering the mods I am working on (half-heartedly) the more pissed off I get. You'd think they could at least patch away Lake Volta (which didn't exist until the 1960s.)

The map for Vicky 2 actually does look quite good, I agree.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Razgovory

Poor Bavaria.  Only 4 soldiers and a cannon to defend them.  Also a significant number of them have Lima beans for brains apparently.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Hope springs eternal--that shot of the political stuff looks really nice, as does the overall interface.

I am tempted...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Richard Hakluyt

I'm going to get it of course. Even though it is bound to be unsatisfactory in one way or another.......it is a very ambitious project.

The Minsky Moment

The military reserve system appears to have been scrapped, with the replacement TBD.  This is concerning assuming the game is intended to reach into the WW1 era.

I agree that the interface looks nice though.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 13, 2010, 05:30:15 AM
I'm going to get it of course. Even though it is bound to be unsatisfactory in one way or another.......it is a very ambitious project.

That's how the terrorists win. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

When the Languish game forms, I'm taking Italy
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on February 17, 2010, 05:20:11 PM
The military reserve system appears to have been scrapped, with the replacement TBD.  This is concerning assuming the game is intended to reach into the WW1 era.

I agree that the interface looks nice though.
Wouldn't the best way be to have a military reserve be a researchable technology?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

I've already told HVC i will beat him senseless if he doesn't get it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

You should beat him anyway.  :homestar:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Octavian

When is this released?
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee