Military enthusiasts re-enact the Vietnam War

Started by jimmy olsen, August 17, 2009, 09:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

I suppose it was inevitable that any discussion of military re-enactment would end in gas station food.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on August 19, 2009, 07:42:20 PM
The featured dish at most of the local establishments is broasted chicken, every night.

Broasted?  Is that some sort of historically accurate Roman way of making chicken?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on August 20, 2009, 08:25:34 AM
I suppose it was inevitable that any discussion of military re-enactment would end in gas station food.  ;)

I hear it was common practice for the Roman legions to eat at gas stations on their way to the garrisons in Dacia.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2009, 08:27:29 AMBroasted?  Is that some sort of historically accurate Roman way of making chicken?
Er no, it's a style of pressure frying used by KFC and many places that prepare fried chicken.  I don't think Colonel Sanders invented it, but IIRC he used it early-on in his business.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points