And we're back!

Main Menu

Animals you consider too smart to eat

Started by Ideologue, August 13, 2009, 06:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2009, 01:00:01 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 14, 2009, 12:53:36 PM
I would never claim that your are morally wrong (I don't know what that is)

I'm not sure what "Your are morally wrong" is either. :(

Get a room, you two.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Korea

Quote from: Ideologue on August 13, 2009, 11:38:29 PM

Elephants, primates, and cetaceans, octopi and cuttlefish are thinking, feeling, even reasoning creatures with rich inner lifes, and it would be a moral wrong to take its life without justification or excuse.

How is nourishment not justification? It's not like you're going on a killing spree and taking the lives of animals for fun.
I want my mother fucking points!

Neil

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2009, 01:00:01 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 14, 2009, 12:53:36 PM
I would never claim that your are morally wrong (I don't know what that is)

I'm not sure what "Your are morally wrong" is either. :(
Fuck off and die, you fucking queer.  You're even worse than Martinus.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

At any rate, Ide is overthinking matters.  When it comes to eating, there is no such thing as morality.  Just as the lion doesn't care about how intelligent the elephant is when it kills and eats it, so should we not.  To do anything else is to open the road to PETA thinking.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2009, 06:06:10 PM

Just because you enjoy IKK-GF speak, doesn't mean that the rest of us do.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2009, 06:11:15 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2009, 06:06:10 PM

Just because you enjoy IKK-GF speak, doesn't mean that the rest of us do.
It's not so much that I enjoy it.  Rather, I understand the limitations of those for whom English is a second language.

Besides, I'd give you up before I'd give up The Brain or Emo Fox, despite your superior grasp of the English language.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Korea on August 14, 2009, 05:26:45 PM

Elephants, primates, and cetaceans, octopi and cuttlefish are thinking, feeling, even reasoning creatures with rich inner lifes, and it would be a moral wrong to take its life without justification or excuse.

How is nourishment not justification? It's not like you're going on a killing spree and taking the lives of animals for fun.
According to PETA you are doing just that. 
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2009, 06:20:33 PM
Rather, I understand the limitations of those for whom English is a second language.
I do as well, except when they are trying to dish out put downs.

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2009, 06:20:33 PMBesides, I'd give you up before I'd give up The Brain or Emo Fox, despite your superior grasp of the English language.
Fair. After all, with GF, you not only get bastardized English but bastardized French too! :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2009, 06:37:41 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2009, 06:20:33 PM
Rather, I understand the limitations of those for whom English is a second language.
I do as well, except when they are trying to dish out put downs.
That is their right.
Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2009, 06:20:33 PMBesides, I'd give you up before I'd give up The Brain or Emo Fox, despite your superior grasp of the English language.
Fair. After all, with GF, you not only get bastardized English but bastardized French too! :)
Gay Fox doesn't really speak French.  Otherwise, he'd know better.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Razgovory

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 14, 2009, 08:41:30 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2009, 08:33:18 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 14, 2009, 06:13:14 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 14, 2009, 02:38:42 AM
I was recently told that though the Chinese eat dogs and cats they find the eating of Lobsters barbaric.  Most Chinese households have a pet lobster and it's not uncommon to see people outside walking them on the sidewalk.  Different cultures I suppose.
I deleted what I originally wrote. 

Walking lobsters? Really? On little leashes?  Do they take them out on Incan torpedo boats for summer holidays?

What did you originally write?
That that was ridiculous.

True, but so is what Ide is going on about.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Korea

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2009, 06:10:02 PM
At any rate, Ide is overthinking matters.  When it comes to eating, there is no such thing as morality.  Just as the lion doesn't care about how intelligent the elephant is when it kills and eats it, so should we not.  To do anything else is to open the road to PETA thinking.

Exactly! :w00t:

Korea

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 14, 2009, 06:21:55 PM
Quote from: Korea on August 14, 2009, 05:26:45 PM

According to PETA you are doing just that.

Well, PETA is full of idiots.