Mostly fiction, but also non-fiction.
16 (26.2%)
Almost exclusively fiction.
4 (6.6%)
I don't read much.
4 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Syt

The book threads always struck me as very history book heavy. So I wondered, what do Languishites read, and if the thread was representative? Me, I think I read non-fiction and fiction in about equal shares.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

The Erstwhile Eddie Teach

BVN

I should read more, but don't have the time.

Razgovory

Non-fiction mostly.  I don't know why.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Brazen

I usually have at least one of each on the go at any one time. Cloud Atlas and Principles of Crime Scene Investigation at the moment.

Martinus

Almost exclusively fiction. I don't remember when I have read my last non-fiction book that wasn't work-related.

Alatriste

Mostly non fiction, history above all, and my scarce fiction readings usually have a certain 'non-fictionish' appeal, like historical novels and hard sf...

Malthus

Quote from: Brazen on March 23, 2009, 05:24:49 AM
I usually have at least one of each on the go at any one time. Cloud Atlas and Principles of Crime Scene Investigation at the moment.

Cloud Atlas is really, really good.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2009, 03:18:48 AM
The book threads always struck me as very history book heavy. So I wondered, what do Languishites read, and if the thread was representative? Me, I think I read non-fiction and fiction in about equal shares.

Same.  I used to exclusively read non-fiction, but about five years or so ago I suddenly started reading fiction (mostly SF)... no clue why.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

All sorts, from non-fiction of work type to history books to lighter fiction.  I always try to return and reread favorites as well.  Often I am juggling 5-6 books at a time, more is not unheard of.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on March 23, 2009, 08:42:00 AM
Read? ???

I was arrested for smuggling books into Kentucky. They had to let me go, since they couldn't prove that it was a book.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Pedrito

Both in equal shares.
I often alternate the two kinds, although I don't do a conscious effort at it; moreover, I often find myself having at least two different books at different reading stages on my bedside table.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Barrister

I'm definitely of the "more non-fiction than anything elseÈ category.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 23, 2009, 08:45:03 AM
Quote from: katmai on March 23, 2009, 08:42:00 AM
Read? ???

I was arrested for smuggling books into Kentucky. They had to let me go, since they couldn't prove that it was a book.
They brought in the expert witness from Ohio State, who claimed to have seen a book in his student days, but he couldn't make a positive ID.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!