Main Menu

You know, I'm begining to like Steam.

Started by Razgovory, August 08, 2009, 12:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 12, 2009, 10:14:06 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2009, 10:12:11 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2009, 09:14:02 AM
Yeah the SNES was the last one I used.  I never got the hang of the next gen controllers.  I remember when I had an Atari 2600 and it had one button and a Joy Stick.  And By God, I was glad to get that one button.

Old school...older than old school.

All that is needed:

Indeed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Octavian

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2009, 05:45:13 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on August 11, 2009, 05:13:45 PM
Bailing out of a Pz. IV right before the fatal shell arrives is amusing.

I can't deal with the BAR in anything other than single-fire selection, unless I'm in a building.  Then it's a terror.
Bitch tried to drown me.

Someone TK'ed me in a halftrack   :(

Was it: Monkeybutt? :mad:
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 12, 2009, 07:29:35 AM
Quote from: Tyr on August 12, 2009, 07:14:37 AM
(And whats with the colours on that pad? Very strange)

That's the way the SNES pad looked in America.
Weird. Wonder why they changed the colours just for America....
The regular colours fit the SNES logo too.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

These 2 pictures will explain why

Personnally, I have a turbo controller that has the PAL color scheme.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

I was a Galaga, Gorf and Sinistar man myself.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 10, 2009, 06:18:43 PM
Yep. If not for the client problem it would be ideal. I have had bad luck with Gamersgate. It just doesn't work half the time, and their payment processing application is garbage.

I can't tell whether it's GG or Bank of America, but one or the other likes to bounce my credit card.  I think it's BoA, because those fuckers decided to freeze my card due to "suspicions of fraud" based on me attempting to purchase HoI3 from an online retailer with whom I have a relatively long relationship with, using the same fucking account every time.  I tried again earlier, and fully expect my CC to be frozen again because BoA is full of retards.

So I guess I'll try Steam.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on August 16, 2009, 05:49:32 AM
I can't tell whether it's GG or Bank of America, but one or the other likes to bounce my credit card.  I think it's BoA, because those fuckers decided to freeze my card due to "suspicions of fraud" based on me attempting to purchase HoI3 from an online retailer with whom I have a relatively long relationship with, using the same fucking account every time.  I tried again earlier, and fully expect my CC to be frozen again because BoA is full of retards.

My bank froze certain account transactions without telling me a few weeks ago because of fraud concerns involving transactions occurring in Britain;  Since CCP's financial transactions use British banks, I couldn't renew my CCP accounts for EVE until I called them and gave them the OK.
Just call them up and ream them out about your transactions.

Then again, when the only time I made one Paradox (and the fuckers wouldn't let me download the Victoria extension, so fuck you in the ear Johan) my bank called me within 20 minutes to notify me of a "questionable" account charge in Sweden.

Ideologue

Yeah, in the end it was easier to just use Steam than initiate a twenty minute phone call to BoA that--given that the last one apparently didn't give them the hint that I buy things from Sweden or through whatever country GG routes its transactions--probably wouldn't have solved the problem.

I will be calling them ahead of time to authorize the computer purchases I'm making, though, because I know from bitter experience that they will shut down the account in a heartbeat for $1000+ online purchases.  I guess I would probably like the feature more if my CC info was actually stolen and used to purchase supercomputers for al Qaeda, instead of doing nothing more than inconveniencing me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Seen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 16, 2009, 06:38:45 AM

Then again, when the only time I made one Paradox (and the fuckers wouldn't let me download the Victoria extension, so fuck you in the ear Johan) my bank called me within 20 minutes to notify me of a "questionable" account charge in Sweden.
Wait wait, the bank stopped the transaction and your angry at Pdox for not letting you download?

DontSayBanana

Meh. Steam would be great if they would just add a DLL hook for authentication so that you don't have to have the client open at all times- even for single-player games. That always pissed me off about Counter Strike: Condition Zero. I wasn't going online for anything except authentication.

Bank of America? Not so much. Those fuckers wear red dresses made of red tape. <_<
Experience bij!

Cerr

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 17, 2009, 09:14:20 AM
Meh. Steam would be great if they would just add a DLL hook for authentication so that you don't have to have the client open at all times- even for single-player games. That always pissed me off about Counter Strike: Condition Zero. I wasn't going online for anything except authentication.
I tend to keep steam in offline mode as much as possible, which works pretty well.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Cerr on August 17, 2009, 09:52:08 AM
I tend to keep steam in offline mode as much as possible, which works pretty well.

It's not an issue now that I'm back on broadband, but Steam doesn't even like to start if you're not connected with an on-demand network connection.
Experience bij!