News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

You know, I'm begining to like Steam.

Started by Razgovory, August 08, 2009, 12:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2009, 01:42:16 PM
Digital downloads are great.  I can now go back to feeling smugly superior to console gamers even with their games taking over all the shelf space at the retailers.  Now I can buy any game I want at any time.

I stopped playing console games when the controls had more buttons and doohickies then I had fingers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2009, 03:26:46 PM
I stopped playing console games when the controls had more buttons and doohickies then I had fingers.

The SNES controller was the last console controller that I felt comfortable with.  I have one now that was upgraded to USB for my emulation needs: http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=33

Habbaku

Bailing out of a Pz. IV right before the fatal shell arrives is amusing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

I prefer Gamersgate just because I don't like having the download client open in the background, constantly updating every time I run it, etc. Steam isn't quite Satan, but it's not as good as GG.
Never had any problems downloading with either.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on August 11, 2009, 05:13:45 PM
Bailing out of a Pz. IV right before the fatal shell arrives is amusing.

I can't deal with the BAR in anything other than single-fire selection, unless I'm in a building.  Then it's a terror.
Bitch tried to drown me.

Josquius

Quote from: ulmont on August 11, 2009, 03:43:13 PM

The SNES controller was the last console controller that I felt comfortable with.  I have one now that was upgraded to USB for my emulation needs: http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=33
Why not just get an adapter and actually use a SNES pad?
I use a playstation pad with mine.

(And whats with the colours on that pad? Very strange)
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Tyr on August 12, 2009, 07:14:37 AM

Why not just get an adapter and actually use a SNES pad?
I use a playstation pad with mine.

That is an actual snes pad, with the usb built in.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on August 12, 2009, 07:14:37 AM

That's the way the SNES pad looked in America.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

ulmont

Razgovory

Quote from: ulmont on August 11, 2009, 03:43:13 PM

Yeah the SNES was the last one I used.  I never got the hang of the next gen controllers.  I remember when I had an Atari 2600 and it had one button and a Joy Stick.  And By God, I was glad to get that one button.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 11, 2009, 05:47:12 PM
I prefer Gamersgate just because I don't like having the download client open in the background, constantly updating every time I run it, etc. Steam isn't quite Satan, but it's not as good as GG.
Never had any problems downloading with either.

Yeah I prefer GG but sometimes I have to use Steam.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2009, 09:14:02 AM
Yeah the SNES was the last one I used.  I never got the hang of the next gen controllers.  I remember when I had an Atari 2600 and it had one button and a Joy Stick.  And By God, I was glad to get that one button.

Old school...older than old school.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2009, 10:12:11 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2009, 09:14:02 AM

Old school...older than old school.

All that is needed:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

If you hadn't insisted on playing with the band saw, you would still be playng consoles.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!