News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

You know, I'm begining to like Steam.

Started by Razgovory, August 08, 2009, 12:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

It took me awhile but I now greatly prefer digital downloads and I've come to like Steam the best due to the speed of downloads and that all games are nicely ordered.

Tell me why I'm wrong and stupid.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on August 08, 2009, 12:52:39 PM
It took me awhile but I now greatly prefer digital downloads and I've come to like Steam the best due to the speed of downloads and that all games are nicely ordered.

Tell me why I'm wrong and stupid.

There are many reasons why you are wrong and stupid. Appreciating digital downloads is not one of them. Though I prefer digital download systems which allow me to turn off the download client while playing the game.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

FunkMonk

I use Steam for pretty much every PC game purchase now.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DisturbedPervert

Steam is great because it forces Euros to pay more

The Brain

I like Steam, I've got some games from there. It's convenient, especially when you get a new computer and just click-install the games.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 08, 2009, 01:44:38 PM
Steam is great because it forces Euros to pay more

:lol:

Fuck you, Asshole.

Steam would be great if not for two very retarded facts:

1. I have to pay twice what the filthy rich americans have to pay for the same game.
2. I have to keep a resource intensive download client open just to play the fucking game.

Grey Fox

It's fun, as a Canadian I have the choice to buy the game in Euros or US dollars.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadImmortalMan

Yep. If not for the client problem it would be ideal. I have had bad luck with Gamersgate. It just doesn't work half the time, and their payment processing application is garbage.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Speaking of Steam....

Quote9 June 2009 — Tripwire are happy to announce the release of Darkest Hour, the latest full mod for Red Orchestra, over Steam. To celebrate this release, Red Orchestra is 66% off until Monday, June 15th.

Darkest Hour is free to all those who own Red Orchestra and can be simply downloaded and installed through Steam. Darkest Hour finally brings the Americans to Red Orchestra, focusing on the beaches of Normandy, Operation Market-Garden, the Battle of the Bulge and on into the Reich. A trailer is available on the Steam web page, along with screen shots and more information. Now you can play as American, British or Canadian troops, with a huge range of additional features:

More than 20 new infantry weapons, such as the ever-distinctive Garand, M1 Carbine, .30-cal, Bren, FG42, Thomson and the Enfield rifles

American Bazooka, British PIAT and German Panzerschreck to go tank-hunting with

New infantry features, including Airborne drops onto the battlefield, bullet suppression and supersonic cracks, plus a new radioman class for calling in artillery strikes

Over a dozen new crewable vehicles including the King Tiger and JagdPanther for the Germans, countered with multiple types of Sherman in 75mm, 76mm and 17-pounder versions, plus the Cromwell, M10 Wolverine and Achilles

11 new maps, including:

Juno Beach — Canadians storming the beaches in classic D-Day action

Carentan — the US 101st Airborne assaults the town shortly after D-Day

Brecourt — 101st Airborne attempt to put a key German artillery battery out of commission behind the beaches

Ginkel Heath — British paras drop into a hotly-contested LZ at the start of Operation Market-Garden

Wacht-am-Rhein — sweeping tank combat during the Battle of the Bulge, including the fearsome King Tiger

Stoumont — American infantry and armor try and hold back the SS PanzerGrenadiers in the streets of the Ardennes town

So whether it is the Normandy campaign, jumping onto the dropzones around Arnhem or the bitter fighting in the Battle of the Bulge, new and old players alike will get a chance to see why RO remains a classic. Now with the opportunity to re-play those battles RO-style, courtesy of Darkest Hour: Europe 1944-45! For more information on the mod (and to see the trailer) head to the Steam page.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on August 10, 2009, 10:10:00 PM
SCHWING!

JonBenet was mixing it up earlier, these maps are badass.

They even added my fave rave M5 Stuart.  It's like a Kubelwagen, with a gun.

Josquius

Digital downloads are teh suck.
Owning things FTW.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Digital downloads are great.  I can now go back to feeling smugly superior to console gamers even with their games taking over all the shelf space at the retailers.  Now I can buy any game I want at any time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

I think there is some kind of bug in my download - none of my weapons have scopes on them!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned