And we're back!

Main Menu

Critics not Allowd to Preview GI Joe

Started by Savonarola, August 06, 2009, 11:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerr

Cerr

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 11:59:43 AM
You mean casting that gay kid from Third Rock from the Sun as COBRA COMMANDER didn't work out too well!? :o :o :o
I thought he did quite well.
SPOILERS:

He only becomes COBRA COMMANDER at the very end. For most of the movie he's a disfigured, partially masked scientist helping Eccleston (the main villain). There are also some flashbacks to before he became disfigured.
END SPOILERS

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Drakken

I am angry that Sargeant Slaughter wasn't there to reprise his role as Sargeant Slaughter.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Caliga

Quote from: Drakken on August 06, 2009, 12:47:41 PM
I am angry that Sargeant Slaughter wasn't there to reprise his role as Sargeant Slaughter.  :mad: :mad: :mad:
He was busy befriending the Iron Sheikh.

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 12:48:23 PM
Classical Iron Sheikh waved an Iranian flag, didn't he?  Not our friends, no matter what Spellus thinks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I had a G.I. Joe Sgt. Slaughter Action Figure and tank. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 11:37:01 AM
What are you talking about?  The inclusion of Marlon Wayans in Dungeons & Dragons really made the movie.  :mad:
Wow, someone else who knows of the Dungeons and Dragons film. Thought I was the only one.
It just sneaked into the cinema one day and I intended up going to see it.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

When I saw it, there was a kid who was ~8 years old sitting near us who was actually heckling the movie.

If your movie is unable to impress an eight-year old boy, you know it blows chunks.

Vince

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 12:48:23 PM

Hacksaw Jim Duggan would have clubbed the Sheikh with his 2x4.   :menace:

Darth Wagtaros

I saw dungeons and dragons with a severe upper respiratory infection.  I still don't know if I spent it miserable because of that or because of the plot, acting, dialogue, and special effects.
PDH!

Sophie Scholl

I will probably still see this, even though it's bound to make the original GI Joe: The Movie look like gold in comparison.  Damn you life!
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive