News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 20, 2013, 05:53:31 PM
It's larger than the percentage of spies and stalkers.
"Sneaker" is no more common where I'm from than "tennis shoe". We called it a "runner" or "running shoe".

*pre-emptive fat american joke here*

Ed Anger

QuoteStinkbugs Invading Parts Of Ohio
COLUMBUS -- An unpleasant invasion is underway in many homes as stinkbugs are making their presence felt -- and smelled -- in central Ohio.

The bugs, which emit a displeasing odor from their abdomens, usually spend winters in piles of leaves, rotting wood, or loose bark, but they have no problem spending the season inside homes that are not properly sealed.

"Most of these insects can get in through crevices about a sixth of an inch," said Gerry Wegner, the technical director for Varment Guard, a pest control business. "Then, they follow more heat and light that might peek in from the living space, and that brings them right into our area.''

There are ways to deal with the presence of stinkbugs that find their ways into homes, including vacuuming. Wegner recommends the use of a shop vac instead of a traditional device due to the bugs' tendency to release their odor as they travel through the tubes. Pesticides can also be used to combat a stinkbug infestation, and typically take a half-hour to kill the insects.

Wegner also has a tip for homeowners who become victims of the bugs' most notable attribute: baking soda can be used to cover the insects' smell.

Courtesy WSYX/WTTE Columbus

The line is being held at the Ed Anger Household. HOLD THE LINE.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Dude, we have those fucking things EVERYWHERE this year.  There's even one living in my office.  His name is Bruce and he won't leave.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 20, 2013, 05:47:19 PM
I am surprised that "tennis shoe" is such a common usage in the US given the small percentage of the population that actually plays tennis.
Maybe that explains it.  Most types of sneakers are not really optimal for playing tennis.

Syt

When I grew up we only called high tops tennis shoes. Others were called "Turnschuh" (gym show).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Ed, what do you have to say for yourself?

merithyn

I'd argue that it is probably more likely that Ohio survey takers are more honest than elsewhere. ;)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jakel11/penis-size-by-state

QuoteWe mapped out male endowment across the country based on data from Condomania.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/03/26/condom-maker-breaks-down-penis-size-by-state-city/

QuoteBroken down by city, the list of the most well-endowed citizens is topped by:

1. New Orleans
2. Washington DC
3. San Diego
4. New York City
5. Phoenix
6. Portland
7. Atlanta
8. San Francisco
9. Chicago
10. St. Louis
11. Seattle
12. Miami
13. Indianapolis
14. Columbus
15. Boston
16. Denver
17. Los Angeles
18. Detroit
19. Philadelphia
20. Dallas/Ft. Worth

50 States Ordered by Penis Size
    New Hampshire
    Oregon
    New York
    Indiana
    Arizona
    Hawaii
    Louisiana
    Massachusetts
    Alabama
    Washington
    New Mexico
    California
    Arkansas
    Nevada
    Virginia
    Tennessee
    Illinois
    Oklahoma
    South Dakota
    Georgia
    Pennsylvania
    Mississippi
    Michigan
    Florida
    Rhode Island
    Kansas
    Maryland
    Minnesota
    Vermont
    Connecticut
    Wisconsin
    New Jersey
    North Dakota
    Idaho
    Texas
    Missouri
    Montana
    Ohio
    Nebraska
    Colorado
    Maine
    North Carolina
    Delaware
    South Carolina
    Kentucky
    West Virginia
    Alaska
    Iowa
    Utah
    Wyoming
—Stephen Jay Gould

PDH

Woohoo!

I knew that being a dwarf in the land of subatomic would pay off one day!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom