News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

I also rarely answer calls from unknown phone numbers. I figure if that 'Private Caller' is someone I know then they'll leave a message. Or even if there is a name on caller ID but I don't know them I still don't answer. I figure that the callers have their name or a fake name show hoping people will answer.

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on July 31, 2013, 09:17:29 AM
Although I take a stand at work. You call or text while I'm at work you get no reply until after. The shit creeps.

My best friend gets an answer, but that's the only person (girlfriend doesnt know about that exception :P )

My 6-year old nephew has been calling me at work this summer.  He thinks that since he's out of school, everyone else is sitting around the house just like he is.  He's figured out how to text on his mom's phone as well, so I get random texts from him. 

It was cute at first.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on July 31, 2013, 10:20:28 AMIt was cute at first.

It'll probably be cute again once he stops and a few years have passed.

Ed Anger

The center of fruity leftoid nuts(Yellow Springs) had a gun battle today between a dude in a house and just about every law enforcement agency in the area. The fucker ended up shooting himself and not get torn apart by the cops.  :(

I just wonder if the Armored car that Huber Heights has deployed.

Also, yellow springs cops sucks. They wear Birkenstocks.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 31, 2013, 10:25:32 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 31, 2013, 10:20:28 AM
It was cute at first.

:D

I was the same way when my 10-year old niece figured out how to text me via their parent's iPad.

That shit got old real fast.  10/11-year old girl angst?  NO THANKS

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

QuoteWhite Ohio Suburb Of Beavercreek Fights To Keep Black Bus Riders Out Of Neighborhood
Share this with a friendTweet
Follow us and never miss a story!

By Sarah Rae Fruchtnicht, Tue, August 06, 2013
The primarily white community of Beavercreek, Ohio, is doing everything in its power to keep minority bus riders out, including risking tens of millions of dollars in federal funding.

The suburb of Beavercreek is about 15 minutes east of Dayton. The area boasts a major shopping mall, Wright State University and a medical clinic, according to ThinkProgress. In 2010, the Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority (RTA) proposed adding three new bus stops in Beavercreek, which would bring in people from Dayton, give local business a boost, and offer new education and work opportunities to minorities.

But Beavercreek did everything in its power to keep the buses out. One tactic included mandating expensive guidelines that bus shelters must have heat, AC, and high-tech surveillance. The Beavercreek City Council rejected the RTA's less costly, more straight-forward proposal.

"We turned downed an application because they didn't meet our (design) criteria," Beavercreek City Councilman Scott Hadley told to Eye On Ohio.

That's when the civil rights group Leaders for Equality in Action in Dayton (LEAD) filed a complaint under Title VI non-discrimination provisions of the Federal Highway Act. Now Beavercreek stands to lose tens of millions in federal highway funding.

LEAD's complaint says that the peculiar demands of the Beavercreek City Council are discriminatory.

"The City of Beavercreek's criteria and methods for deciding whether to allow RTA transit stops in Beavercreek, which resulted in denial of the application for those stops had the effect of subjecting African Americans, who disproportionately ride public transit, to discrimination," the complaint said.

The civil rights division of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) ruled in favor of LEAD on June 13. FHWA stated that 11 of the requests made by Beavercreek were outside of standard design criteria and that the rejection of the RTA application had a disproportionate impact on blacks, making it discriminatory.

Beavercreek was ordered by the FHWA to restart the application process with the RTA.

The majority of civil rights complaints, according to FHWA spokesman Doug Hecox, are related to access for disabled citizens. In Dayton and Beavercreek, the issue is purely race.

"I can't see anything else but it being a racial thing," Sam Gresham, state chair of Common Cause Ohio, a public interest advocacy group, told ThinkProgress. "They don't want African Americans going on a consistent basis to Beavercreek."

"Their worldview and logic are two entirely separate things," he said of the Beavercreek City Council.

The Council will meet on the matter again August 12 and has until September 11 to comply with the FHWA order.

Fun thing is, there is a RTA stop just up the way a bit in front of Wright State University. And beavercreek has always been a community of assholes. Reason why I lived there for awhile.

And what happened to the Dayton Mall likely scares the living shit out of them.

jimmy olsen

What happened to the Dayton Mall?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 06, 2013, 08:15:23 PM
What happened to the Dayton Mall?

Turned into a shithole. Supposedly because of the RTA stop there. The ones from Central state and Wilburforce (black colleges) had very racist names attached to them.

People blamed the blacks coming in to visit from Dayton and the universities for the decline. But there were other economic reasons for the decline.

Now the Salem Mall's problems.....

derspiess

When was the Dayton Mall ever nice?  :huh:

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 06, 2013, 10:38:07 PM
When was the Dayton Mall ever nice?  :huh:

You youngsters with your outdoor malls.  :rolleyes:

merithyn

Drove through Columbus earlier today. Despite having driven through pretty nefarious parts of Chicago, I have to say that the area of Columbs we saw was the seediest place I've ever had the misfortune to visit. Filth, muck, and aggressive homeless folk for all!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Only on one side of the highway.  They like to keep them over there.

jimmy olsen

Doesn't just happen in Ohio.

www.theepochtimes.com/n3/268206-nikki-bailey-a-west-virginia-resident-finds-home-empty-after-wrong-repossession/?photo=2
QuoteNikki Bailey, a Logan, West Virginia resident, returned home recently after visiting her friend in the hospital. When she walked inside she found the house empty.

A repossession company had taken all of her possessions under a double error. The bank that had told them to remove everything from a house gave them a wrong address, then the company went to a different address from that one that was also wrong.

"Everything was gone," Bailey said. "Living room furniture, my Marshall diploma, my high school diploma, my pictures — my history. I was teacher of the year. All of that stuff is gone — certificates from that. It's all gone."

Bailey told WSAZ that she has been making her house payments.

Attorney Tim DiPiero says he can't believe it happened.

"It just seems kind of ridiculous that this actually happened when a phone call could have stopped it," he said.

The company, CTM Industries, took all of Bailey's things to the dump.

DiPiero is trying to figure out which bank ordered the repossession.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point