And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on February 09, 2010, 08:03:05 PM
What's the deal with that dude's freaking hair? :blink:

It's always like that. It's his thing, I guess. Do an image search on him, you'll see.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Hansmeister

I have to go to Cincinnati all the time now because my Battalion is located there, that place really sucks, no wonder all the ohioans seem to be moving to North Carolina.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 13, 2010, 11:43:51 PM
I have to go to Cincinnati all the time now because my Battalion is located there, that place really sucks, no wonder all the ohioans seem to be moving to North Carolina.

When was the last time you got some trigger time? Mog?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Hansmeister

Quote from: The Brain on February 14, 2010, 03:36:38 AM

When was the last time you got some trigger time? Mog?
Yep.  But we finally got put on the rotational roster for Afghanistan in FY12, though as First Sergeant I'm not likely to encounter combat.

Ed Anger

I could have told you that Cincy sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

QuoteOhio Man Bulldozes Home To Avoid Foreclosure

Posted: 2:23 pm EST February 19, 2010
CLERMONT COUNTY, Ohio -- An Ohio man said he bulldozed his home after a bank began foreclosure proceedings and says he won't let the bank take his carpet business either.

Terry Hoskins of Moscow in southwest Ohio said he has struggled with the River Hills Bank over his Clermont County home for years and had problems with the Internal Revenue Service. He said the IRS placed liens on his store and commercial property and the bank claimed his house as collateral.

Hoskins said after spending millions on attorneys he just had enough and two weeks ago bulldozed the home, 25 miles southeast of Cincinnati.

When asked if he would level the store, Hoskins said he would do "what it takes."

Messages were left for the bank and its attorney, and with the southern Ohio office of the IRS.

Forward the revolution. *insert 8 page screed*

MadImmortalMan

That's got to look bad on his credit score.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 19, 2010, 03:28:13 PM
That's got to look bad on his credit score.

If only he had listened to that slacker in the free credit report commercial.

derspiess

PM me if you have any downtime when you're here.  I can show you the parts of Cincy that don't suck.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 14, 2010, 08:41:16 AM

YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS OF OUR CHILI.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on February 19, 2010, 04:54:14 PM

You chili sucks. Gold Star and Skyline suck.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 19, 2010, 04:58:33 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 19, 2010, 04:54:14 PM

You chili sucks. Gold Star and Skyline suck.
Ultimate 'tard fight!

*pops popcorn*
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 19, 2010, 03:12:43 PM
QuoteOhio Man Bulldozes Home To Avoid Foreclosure

Posted: 2:23 pm EST February 19, 2010
CLERMONT COUNTY, Ohio -- An Ohio man said he bulldozed his home after a bank began foreclosure proceedings and says he won't let the bank take his carpet business either.

Terry Hoskins of Moscow in southwest Ohio said he has struggled with the River Hills Bank over his Clermont County home for years and had problems with the Internal Revenue Service. He said the IRS placed liens on his store and commercial property and the bank claimed his house as collateral.

Hoskins said after spending millions on attorneys he just had enough and two weeks ago bulldozed the home, 25 miles southeast of Cincinnati.

When asked if he would level the store, Hoskins said he would do "what it takes."

Messages were left for the bank and its attorney, and with the southern Ohio office of the IRS.

Forward the revolution. *insert 8 page screed*

So who is the real enemy?  Bankers or Lawyers?  (or both!)

Ed Anger

QuoteWoman opens door with guns blazing
The woman will face felonious assault charges

Updated: Friday, 19 Feb 2010, 5:20 PM EST
Published : Friday, 19 Feb 2010, 5:14 PM EST

DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) - A dispute over taxes exploded in gunfire In Dayton Friday afternoon.

Police said it started when a woman knocked on the door of a Hallwood Avenue house with a complaint related to taxes. But the woman inside, who may be a tax preparer, came out firing.

The victim ran for cover, but not before a bullet hit the back of her car.

When officers arrived, they had to coax the armed woman out of the home.

"It appears she is intoxicated," said Lt. Bob Chabali. "She is uncooperative, somewhat belligerent, hard to understand."

Chabali said the woman will face felonious assault charges.

They also arrested a second person at the scene on three warrants.