News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2009, 10:43:20 AM
QuoteTexas man, 83, allegedly opens fire on his son for refusing to stop drumming

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — San Antonio police are investigating the wounding of a man after his elderly father allegedly opened fire when the victim refused to stop drumming. Police said the son, in his 50s, suffered a non-life threatening head wound early Friday while at the home the men share. Police said his 83-year-old father was detained on an aggravated assault charge.

Police said the son, who was grazed in the head, ran down the block to call for help.
:lol: My hero.

Someday someone is going to develop a noise-seeking missile for me that can be programmed to home in on car horns, barking dogs, and loud music.

Tonitrus

Can't believe this one was missed....

Woman's lottery hoax causes riot at Ohio Burlington Coat Factory store

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Updated Thursday, October 15th 2009, 12:37 PM
A woman was arrested after a shopping spree that began when she hired a stretch Hummer limousine to drop her off at a Burlington Coat Factory store.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A woman being driven around in a rented limousine pulled up at a coat store and announced she'd won the lottery and would pay for everyone's purchases, police said, but she ended up causing a riot when customers realized it was a hoax.

Angry customers threw merchandise around and looted, leaving the store looking as though a hurricane had passed through it, police said.

Linda Brown was arrested Tuesday after an hours-long shopping spree that began when she hired a stretch Hummer limousine to drop her off at a Burlington Coat Factory store, police Sgt. Lt. Michael Deakins said. Brown walked to a cash register and loudly announced she had won the lottery and would pay for each person's merchandise up to $500, he said.

"Well, of course, people like to hear that," Deakins said. "Apparently they were in line calling relatives who were not at the store and told them to come."

People flooded the registers as cashiers began ringing up purchase after purchase, but Brown had not yet paid the bill, Deakins said. At least 500 people filled the aisles and another 1,000 were outside trying to get in, he said.

"She was telling people she won $1.5 million," Deakins said. "But it ends up she didn't win anything. She had no money to pay for anything."

About an hour later, Brown had the limousine driver take her to a bank to withdraw money, but she returned empty-handed, police Detective Steven Nace said. By then, store employees had called in two dozen police officers to handle the crowds.

Shopper Candace Jordan said she told Brown she didn't need clothes, she needed help paying her rent.

"And she said, 'How much is it?"' Jordan told WBNS-TV. "And she promptly wrote out a check."

By the time employees realized Brown didn't have any cash to pay, police said, she already had taken off in the limo.

That's when angry customers, realizing they weren't getting free coats, began throwing merchandise on the floor and grabbing clothes without paying for them, Nace said.

"Everybody was like, 'I still want my free stuff,' and that started the riot," he said. "It looks like (Hurricane) Katrina went through the store."

Police said they have no way of tracking down the customers who stole items and fled, but they're reviewing surveillance video.

When the limousine driver realized he wasn't going to be paid the $900 Brown owed him for the day's rental, he turned her in to police, Deakins said.

Brown, 44, was arrested on three outstanding warrants for aggravated menacing, misuse of a 911 system and causing false alarms. She was jailed late Wednesday, but no charges had been filed against her related to the coat store chaos pending a mental health evaluation.

Police said they didn't know if Brown had a lawyer. No telephone number was listed under her name, and no one answered repeated phone calls at the Franklin County Jail.

A spokeswoman for Burlington Coat Factory, which is based in Burlington, N.J., and has more than 300 stores across the country, said late Wednesday she couldn't comment on the incident.

Ed Anger

Awesome.  :lol:

QuoteShopper Candace Jordan said she told Brown she didn't need clothes, she needed help paying her rent.

Even better.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Now if only Ohio and Illinois had this kind of politics, it'd be perfect...

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/10/republican_assembly_candidate.html

QuoteRepublican N.J. Assembly candidate hosts sex-toy parties
By The Associated Press

October 16, 2009, 6:00PM

TRENTON -- A lot of small business owners run for the Legislature, but one New Jersey candidate can tout a unique entrepreneurial experience: hosting sex-toy parties.

Stepfanie Velez-Gentry is the owner of Nookie Parties LLC. She makes a living organizing parties for women and couples where she sells sex toys, lotions, games, lingerie and other erotic items.

"It's kind of like a Tupperware party, but with adult novelties," the 29-year-old mother of two explained.

Or, as her Web site puts it, "For parties you will always remember and nights you will never forget."

"We enhance people's romances and make people happy. It's wonderful," she said. "It makes the moms and dads happy, and then everyone is happy."

Velez-Gentry, a Republican from Bellmawr, is running for State Assembly. She started the company in 2007 as a way to help support her family in a tough economy. She said she works with more than 200 people nationwide to set up the parties.

"My husband is a printer. He's in fear of losing his job," she said. "We're just like everyone else, we live paycheck to paycheck."

She is vying for one of two open seat in District 5, which includes Camden and a stretch of middle-class Philadelphia suburbs. Most Republicans view the district as the safest in the state for Democrats, and her two opponents — Donald Norcross, the brother of South Jersey power broker George Norcross, and Camden City Council President Angel Fuentes — are well known.

Velez-Gentry said the parties have been a great way to meet voters and network. She said she always lets party participants know that she's running for state office.

"I received nothing but positive feedback," she said.

Camden County Republican Chairman Rick DeMichele saluted her entrepreneurial spirit.

"I knew what she did what she did before she decided to run," DeMichele said. "She engages people so easily and really gets out there and takes the approach of one voter at a time. She makes a great candidate."
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

I really don't want to think of Rhine McLin holding a dildo party.  :(

I'm going to go throw up now.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 18, 2009, 09:30:29 AM
Awesome.  :lol:

QuoteShopper Candace Jordan said she told Brown she didn't need clothes, she needed help paying her rent.

Even better.  :lol:
If she didn't need clothes, then why was she at a clothing store?  :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on October 18, 2009, 08:04:57 PM

Sounds like my "friend" who said she couldn't go shopping as she had no money...and then went out to buy a $200 pair of jeans...

Or perhaps, Candace Jordan was one of the people who called by a friend at the store.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on October 18, 2009, 08:04:57 PM

Buying clothes she didn't need, of course. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

:o :o :o

QuoteOhio morgue worker admits to sex with bodies
By KIMBALL PERRY
Cincinnati Enquirer

HAMILTON COUNTY, Ohio - A man who worked at the county morgue for 16 years and is serving time for having sex with a corpse admitted today to having sex with two more bodies during his employment.

Kenneth Douglas, 56, of Westwood pleaded guilty to two counts of gross abuse of a corpse before visiting Hamilton County Common Pleas Court Judge Richard Niehaus. He could be imprisoned for a maximum of three years at his Dec. 10 sentencing.

Douglas was employed for 16 years, from 1976-1992, as a night attendant at the morgue. He told authorities previously that while there, he invited women in and partied with them with drugs and alcohol. He also admitted to having sex with bodies being stored while awaiting autopsies.

He is currently serving a three-year sentence for having sex with another corpse -- that of Karen Range, an 18-year-old murder victim who was nearly beheaded in 1982 and had been in the morgue cooler for hours.

Douglas said nothing today except to give respectful, short answers to routine questions from the judge.

Douglas admitted today that he had sex with the bodies of two homicide victims as they were awaiting autopsies:
• Charlene Edwards, 23, also known as Charlene Apling, who was strangled to death. He had sex with that body Oct. 1, 1991.
• Angel Hicks, 24, who was pushed from a third-story window and died from blunt trauma. He had sex with that body Dec. 8, 1991.

Douglas pleaded guilty without a plea deal. Assistant Prosecutor Mark Piepmeier said his office would offer no deals to Douglas.

After Douglas pleaded guilty in 2008 to having sex with Range's corpse, officials conducted an extensive investigation comparing Douglas' DNA to that of other bodies in the morgue during the time Douglas worked there.

Initially, officials feared there could be dozens of other victims, based on some of the stories Douglas told them. They were able to indict him on two additional charges.

"He told us he was out of control," Prosecutor Joe Deters said in March after Douglas was indicted on the two charges he pleaded guilty to today.

"This is off-the-charts weird."

Douglas was first caught when he violated his probation on a previous conviction, and his DNA was taken by officials and placed in a database. The database showed Douglas' DNA matched that of the semen left in Range's body.

That was good news for David Steffen, the man who spent 26 years on Ohio's death row for Range's murder but who insisted he never raped her. Now, Steffen's attorneys are using Douglas' acts to try to get Steffen off death row.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Yech-- that's one reason for me to continue ignoring local news.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on October 19, 2009, 03:39:47 PM
Hm well... were they hott? :ph34r:

How hott could a nearly decapitated woman be?   :unsure:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on October 19, 2009, 04:00:51 PM
Quote from: Caliga on October 19, 2009, 03:39:47 PM
Hm well... were they hott? :ph34r:

How hott could a nearly decapitated woman be?   :unsure:

Why on earth are you asking Cal?

It's not like he's looking at women's faces...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Caliga

I'm actually creeped out by my own sick joke now.  :blush: THANKS GUYS.