News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ohio, the heart of it all

Started by Ed Anger, August 04, 2009, 09:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Didn't this thread used to have a lot more T&A back in the day?

Hamilcar

Other than a brief layover at Cleveland airport, I've never been to Ohio.

Sell me on it.

The Brain

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 30, 2016, 02:03:22 AM

Sell me on it.

Too lazy to read the thread. :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Sell me on it.

It's a shit hole.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 30, 2016, 01:20:10 AM
Didn't this thread used to have a lot more T&A back in the day?

The article I linked has a hottie in it.  Just happens to be dead, s'all.

Ed Anger

QuoteWoman robbed, assaulted with potatoes
Updated: Friday, August 19, 2016
By: WHIO - Dayton

An Ohio woman was robbed Thursday afternoon by a pair of teenage boys who used potatoes she'd just bought to attack her, according to Dayton police.

>> Scalloped potatoes are delicious

The robbery happened in Dayton in the 3700 block of North Main Street.

The woman told 9-1-1 dispatchers that two boys dressed all in black stole her wallet, money, cigarettes and her bag of groceries with onions, celery and potatoes inside.

"Did they have weapons? Did they display a gun or a knife or anything?" the 9-1-1 dispatcher asked.

"They took my potatoes and threw them at me," the woman said. "They were my bag of potatoes from Save-A-Lot."

The dispatcher asked whether the teens were armed with any other weapons, to which the woman replied, "No, but those potatoes hurt."

Dayton officers on patrol spotted the two boys matching the suspect descriptions and walking in the same area about two hours after the robbery.

One teen was captured quickly. The second took off running but was arrested after a thorough search over several blocks that included the help of a K-9 officer. Police said the boys were 14 and 15 years old.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

Sell me on it.
Cleveland is an amazing city.  It's really come alive since bottoming out as a rust belt city not long ago.  It has a great bar scene, sports scene, and has a lot of nice cultural options as well.  Everything is fairly easy to get to between locations and the prices for everything from food to beer to hotels are incredibly reasonable.  I get out there usually twice a year, once in the winter and once during baseball season.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Revolution Books was always the place to be seen.  And photographed.  And license plates written down.  #FlowersByIrene

garbon

Cleveland definitely does not rock.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 19, 2016, 11:35:10 PM

Sell me on it.
Cleveland is an amazing city.  It's really come alive since bottoming out as a rust belt city not long ago.  It has a great bar scene, sports scene, and has a lot of nice cultural options as well.  Everything is fairly easy to get to between locations and the prices for everything from food to beer to hotels are incredibly reasonable.  I get out there usually twice a year, once in the winter and once during baseball season.

Market Garden Brewery and McNulty's Bier Markt across the street from that make Cleveland worth going to :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 21, 2016, 03:31:50 AM

Despite having the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2016, 08:27:02 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 21, 2016, 03:31:50 AM

Despite having the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? :(

Just the last of a series of fucked up straws on the camel's list of wrong priorities.

"For what is a city profited that it should gain the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, yet lose its professional football team."
I believe that's Matthew 16:36.  Even the Gospels know Cleveland deserves a kick in its nutsack. 

alfred russel

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on August 19, 2016, 11:35:10 PM

Sell me on it.

The river through the city caught on fire once, because of the pollution.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Pollution requires lots of economic activity to sustain itself. Fortunately not a problem Cleveland has these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."