News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sundering of America

Started by Lettow77, August 03, 2009, 06:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 03, 2009, 08:28:19 AM
Initially, I see the 20th century's confederacy as a five state union. It would be around on par with Australia in terms of population and economy. If it needed to be stated, it would consist of Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina and Louisiana.

It would be like Australia if you took away the abundant natural resources, and if replaced them with the worst educational systems and public health in the western world.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Queequeg

Quote from: Barrister on August 03, 2009, 04:42:04 PM
Phew.  Ishmail here was making too much sense for awhile.  Now I am reminded he is still insane.   :)
It's a Fallout thing.  Felt like throwing in a random reference somewhere. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 03, 2009, 07:29:54 AM
Although it was based on the Cavalier's Europe, it was left behind, becoming almost unique in the West. The closest similarities I have found are among the carlists or the Travail, Famille, Patrie of Vichy.

Oh wow -- where do I sign up?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Lettow77

BB- There'd be no war. I am referring to Spellus's comment about the american military rounding up and killing secessionists, and terrorising the Southern civilians while they are at it. Basically, he is suggesting a war be inaugerated.

Also, pfft to West Point. All the cool kids go to VMI or The Citadel. Moreover, the average Southerner is neither 300 pounds nor does he work at wal-mart.

Finally, even West Point has an even higher proportion of Southerners in it than the military itself. So there.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ed Anger

Quote from: Queequeg on August 03, 2009, 04:45:49 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 03, 2009, 04:42:04 PM
Phew.  Ishmail here was making too much sense for awhile.  Now I am reminded he is still insane.   :)
It's a Fallout thing.  Felt like throwing in a random reference somewhere.

Fallout sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

I feel like punching Jefferson Davis in the throat.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Queequeg

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 03, 2009, 04:50:03 PM

Also, pfft to West Point. All the cool kids go to VMI or The Citadel. Moreover, the average Southerner is neither 300 pounds nor does he work at wal-mart.

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 03, 2009, 04:54:30 PM
I feel like punching Jefferson Davis in the throat.

Now now. We need out meth suppliers, white trash, 3 children by age 19 and Yosemite Sam mud flaps.

Ed Anger

Cal adds 4 points to the kentucky score.

Lettow77

While the South's paunch is something to be proud of, 31% obese isnt 300 pounds average.

I intend to be fat later in life myself. It is a tradition.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

FunkMonk

Weatherman

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 03, 2009, 05:00:25 PM
While the South's paunch is something to be proud of, 31 BMI isnt 300 pounds.

I intend to be fat later in life myself. It is a tradition.