And we're back!

Main Menu

Sundering of America

Started by Lettow77, August 03, 2009, 06:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

You know what would be funny?  The 1860-61 Secession votes held in a fair and honest manner...then the truth about the support in the south at THAT time would be known.

Southern fanboism is puerile.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

ulmont

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 03, 2009, 12:33:03 PM
What about Texas?

Counted as part of the South (specifically, west south central ) in the link I gave.

Caliga

Texas is Texas.  It is not a part of any other region of the country.

Similar situation: Alaska and Hawaii (each are their own 'regions').
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

ulmont

Quote from: Caliga on August 03, 2009, 12:50:24 PM
Similar situation: Alaska and Hawaii (each are their own 'regions').

Or possibly included as Pacific West.

katmai

WTF are you smoking lettuce?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 03, 2009, 01:48:15 PM
I think it's neat. :)

Included in the weird is the fact that you were gratified by Lettow calling Kentucky part of the South.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Vince

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 03, 2009, 10:21:33 AM
Every third line here in nonsense. Microstates? Cuba, the communist dictatorship that allowed nuclear missiles onto its land, providing less provocation?

You are badly misguided on this subject, even ignoring the oddities you sprout. That the South would be downtrodden and broke without the yankees is a common theme among northerners, with little to back it up. Take that 'Mass of unskilled anglophones' comment. College attendence down South is not signifigantly errant from the national average, you know. And nobody seems to take the gulf coast oil into account, either.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/266.html

Almost every Southern state gets more money back from the government then they put in.  So yes the South would be downtrodden and broke without taking money from those awful liberal blue states.

The Larch

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 03, 2009, 08:28:19 AM
Initially, I see the 20th century's confederacy as a five state union.

You're aware that we're in the 21st century already, right?

Caliga

This thread most definitely proves that he is not.  :blush:

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on August 03, 2009, 02:15:14 PM
This thread most definitely proves that he is not.  :blush:

But then he wasn't really fit for the 20th century either. Or the 19th. He is just a sad commentary of what happens when too much anime is combined with lost cause revisionism.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 03, 2009, 12:33:03 PM
What about Texas?

La República de Texas?  It will be declared shortly after the Latino uprising of 2011.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."